PDA

View Full Version : Missing officer

joe313
10-08-08, 12:25 AM
Hello all
ok i made it back to port after long patrol on my IXD2 boat late 1943 my hull damage was down to 2% from aircrafts attacks so i checked my personal files i fond only 4 officers one is missing i checked my patrol log none of my cew was wounded or killed i try to enlist one more officer i get message telling me to many officers i checked SH3 commander there is 5 officers
i am using gwx 2.1 with SH3 commander
so how can i fix this any idea plz

Kpt. Lehmann
10-08-08, 12:42 AM
Hello all
ok i made it back to port after long patrol on my IXD2 boat late 1943 my hull damage was down to 2% from aircrafts attacks so i checked my personal files i fond only 4 officers one is missing i checked my patrol log none of my cew was wounded or killed i try to enlist one more officer i get message telling me to many officers i checked SH3 commander there is 5 officers

You've encountered a stock game bug. If you return to base and have left an officer in the damage control 'compartment' he will be 'lost in space' but will still take up that space.

I don't recall how to correct the problem.

Try an archive search here to find the solution.

(Otherwise, starting a new career will also do the trick. Just remember to always remove crewmen from the damage control compartment when you've completed repairs.)

joe313
10-08-08, 02:25 AM
Hello all

You've encountered a stock game bug. If you return to base and have left an officer in the damage control 'compartment' he will be 'lost in space' but will still take up that space.

I don't recall how to correct the problem.

Try an archive search here to find the solution.

(Otherwise, starting a new career will also do the trick. Just remember to always remove crewmen from the damage control compartment when you've completed repairs.)

Thanx Kpt. Lehmann
yeah i remeber i left the officer in the damge control compartment
i will look for solution here if not i guess i got no choice but to start new career

Mittelwaechter
10-08-08, 08:44 AM
Locate the last crew career in ...\OwnData\SH3\data\cfg\Careers\YOUR_CAREER_NAME\ Crew_Career_???.cfg and open with notepad/editor.

Search the entries for your missing officer. There may be up to three or four of them. You'll see all his compartment settings will look like this:

[CREW_MEMBER_5]
Name=Robert von Arhaus
Index=13
NrComp=-1 <= !!
Type=2

One of his entries has to be changed to "NrComp=1" to make him reappear in the bow torpedo compartment.

Before you change - check no other officer occupies the bow compartment!

Bacdafucup!

Start your career "before leaving port" and he should be back aboard.

joe313
10-08-08, 01:42 PM
Locate the last crew career in ...\OwnData\SH3\data\cfg\Careers\YOUR_CAREER_NAME\ Crew_Career_???.cfg and open with notepad/editor.

Search the entries for your missing officer. There may be up to three or four of them. You'll see all his compartment settings will look like this:

[CREW_MEMBER_5]
Name=Robert von Arhaus
Index=13
NrComp=-1 <= !!
Type=2

One of his entries has to be changed to "NrComp=1" to make him reappear in the bow torpedo compartment.

Before you change - check no other officer occupies the bow compartment!

Bacdafucup!

Start your career "before leaving port" and he should be back aboard.
Thanx Mittelwaechter i tried what u said it didnot fix the problem i fond 2 entries i changed it from -1 to 1 but i didnot work i fond 2 other crew officers start with the entry -1 too when i change it to diffrent entry the game crashed

Reise
10-08-08, 01:47 PM
Did you back up file ?
If so put back in
Use SH3commander ?

Load game and make note of officers names left
Go to crew management in SH3commander and dismiss the officer who was missing
Hire another
:up:

joe313
10-08-08, 01:52 PM
Did you back up file ?