PDA

View Full Version : 10% Fuel Bug

subcpo
10-04-08, 11:23 AM
Coming back from being on station in the East China Sea around Dec 28th and since Manila was taken by Japan I head to head down to the southern Bases...I hit 10% fuel about 15 miles from base and the game just stopped..I could do stuff with the map but that was it..couldnt look through scopes, bino's etc...

Running RFB, RSRD, PE4,

SteamWake
10-04-08, 02:13 PM
Strange never heard that one. Ive returned to base with a lot less than 10% several times.

I also run RFB & RSRD.. not pe4 yet though.

You sure it was the fuel level? Hope you have a recent save to fall back to.

subcpo
10-04-08, 03:22 PM
Yeah that was the only thing going on

Webster
10-04-08, 03:35 PM
did you try a game save and reload?

sometimes the game gets "stuck" or frozen for no reason and reloading fixes it.

SteamWake
10-04-08, 05:27 PM
Yeah that was the only thing going on

Well you were approacing a port, thats when alot of things are called for to be loaded, ships, planes, etc. So its not the 'only' thing going on.

subcpo
10-04-08, 05:42 PM
Perhaps....but I wasn't that close.

Meh..No worries.

SteamWake
10-04-08, 07:31 PM
Sometimes odd crashes like this are caused when a 'call' for a sound file is executed and the sound file isint there.

Seminole
10-05-08, 07:36 AM
Even with my astonishingly precise fuel use and conservation policies I found myself a couple of hundred miles from home port when I got an
"out of fuel message."...:shifty: Now you've done it..I thought.:nope:

Even so, I was still able to travel that last leg of the journey ,on diesels, without mishap. What the actual limit is, after once receiving the out of fuel warning might be ....I haven't a clue.

But a 10% fuel bug ...????....It is routine for me to go beyond that point on most any patrol..and I never heard of or encountered anything like a 10% fuel bug. In every instance after I was informed we were down to 10% reserves I was able to sail on.

No. Must be some other explaination for what happened here.