PDA

View Full Version : Is there a direct download for Australia?

U443
10-04-08, 12:13 AM
Without going into great detail I have Vista 64 and Starforce blocks me playing SH3. I have spent hours and hours trying all the fixes suggested here and on the net but with no success. All the direct downloads of the game (which do not have Starforce) are for the US region only. Does anybody know of a direct download for Australia (EMEA). For my requirements a nocd is not an option. Haven't been able to play with my flotilla for nearly two weeks now!

U443
10-04-08, 08:13 AM
Anyone?

Wreford-Brown
10-04-08, 09:27 AM
Have you tried the Starforce driver update? I was having the same problem until I applied the update.

U443
10-04-08, 04:16 PM
Have you tried the Starforce driver update? I was having the same problem until I applied the update.

Yes, that program says "no driver found on system", as has happened with others, but it's there allright.

That's just another reason I need to be able to download the whole game from Australia..got to get rid of this accursed starforce.

downunder
10-06-08, 06:09 AM
I am not sure i fully understand your problem, Is Starforce associated with Vista or is it a protection problem with SH3, I live in melbourne and picked my copy of the game up from K mart in the "Thats Hot Specials" is there any probs with just buying a copy.

Cheers

Downunder

bookworm_020
10-07-08, 08:42 PM
I've never had a problem with my SH3, a DVD-Rom, not download. As they are cheap to buy I recommend going and buying a copy. I've seen them for less than $10!