PDA

View Full Version : I see there is a command for cycling torps?

HuskerNlincoln
10-03-08, 04:14 PM
What does this do? At first, I thought you could move torps around from stern to bow, but thats not it. Does it let you say in the bow, move the torps from tube 1 to 4 around?

If so I could see that would be useful if you had various types loaded, hate to waste a homing torp on a small merchant, when it should be sent at the DD climbing up on you instead.

meduza
10-03-08, 04:21 PM
If you mean "Y", it just selects another tube.

kylania
10-03-08, 05:21 PM
The problem with it is it closes the previous tube, so it's kind of useless for using to pre-flood your tubes.

kenijaru
10-03-08, 06:15 PM
He want's to know if its possible to move a torpedo from one tube to another (or at least that's what it seems)...

I think the short answer is "no" ("no, you can't" is the long answer :lol: ).

Mittelwaechter
10-03-08, 08:54 PM
Of course you can empty and reload a tube again, as long as you have at least one free internal slot to put the fish in.
(No moving from bow to stern or vice versa)

Simply drag the torpedo back to an empty slot and wait until your crew gets finished.

Uncheck auto-loading first!

Erich dem Roten
10-04-08, 08:18 PM
You have to uncheck "Autoload" in the top right, then drag the torp you want to a tube. The tube will have to be unloaded, and then re-loaded with the type you selected, so allow some time.

As far as I know, there's no way to get torps from the aft section to the forward tubes, and vice-versa.

Kapt Z
10-04-08, 09:36 PM
You have to uncheck "Autoload" in the top right, then drag the torp you want to a tube. The tube will have to be unloaded, and then re-loaded with the type you selected, so allow some time.

As far as I know, there's no way to get torps from the aft section to the forward tubes, and vice-versa.

The only way I know of is before you ship out. In the upgrades screen check the weapons section. It shows your torpedo loadout and you can move the fish anywhere you want on the boat. Once you start the patrol your are set.