PDA

View Full Version : Acadamy & GWX

snwcrsh
09-24-08, 04:18 PM
Hi,

on two occasions I read that people finished the academy first and then installed GWX so they get the 1500 renown.

Does this even make sense? I thought stock careers are not compatible with GWX careers? If i start a brandnew carrer with GWX wouldnt i get the 1500 renown as well?

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I never knew that you can get 1500 renown for the academy :o

Sailor Steve
09-24-08, 05:22 PM
GWX makes it very hard to get through the Acadamy; especially flak school. The Acadamy is separate from any one career, and the renown earned is permanent and recycles with each new career, so going through school and then adding GWX won't hurt anything.

On the other hand, you get the full 1500 just passing Navigation Training in GWX, so it doesn't make much difference.

Of course you can always just edit the renown to get anything you like, or just start with only 500. Or play NYGM, which does away with renown altogether.

There are so many options now, it doesn't matter all that much anymore.

snwcrsh
09-24-08, 05:32 PM
Ahhh okay... that does make sense now. Then I can just start over (I missed some vital stuff). I don't think the academy will be hard... I've faced worse before :)

Erich dem Roten
09-24-08, 07:18 PM
The aerial gunnery exercise is extremely difficult with GWX....at least in my opinion.:damn:

I sometimes play it just for fun...I've never gotten better than an "Average" rating and have always lost at least one gunner killed. Damn Hurricanes :nope: