PDA

View Full Version : Well, there goes the Large Hadron Collider....

SS107.9MHz
09-24-08, 05:54 AM
Well, there goes the Large Hadron Collider...

http://public.web.cern.ch/public/

Skybird
09-24-08, 05:55 AM
Doomsday turns into a doomsyear!?

Rhodes
09-24-08, 06:06 AM
Yep, the end of the world was postponed! It has to be more commotion before the event! :rotfl:

danlisa
09-24-08, 06:12 AM
Typical!:stare: It would be late.

UnderseaLcpl
09-24-08, 06:12 AM
Expensive fail.......

Rhodes
09-24-08, 06:14 AM
Expensive fail.......

The LHC or the end of the world?

UnderseaLcpl
09-24-08, 06:37 AM
Expensive fail.......

The LHC or the end of the world?

LHC.
If it was going to cause the end of the world I would not approve of this ridiculously extravagant means of doing so.

We have thousands of nukes already, let's use those instead. :D

Konovalov
09-24-08, 06:50 AM
It is a forboding sign of a future event. We are all DOOOOOMED. :-j

joegrundman
09-24-08, 07:54 AM
Aliens are interfering with its processes using a cosmic ray beam in order to give us time to save ourselves!

SS107.9MHz
09-24-08, 09:45 AM
It's a wild goose chase! For the next brilliant way to spend our money I suggest a Large Nun Collider, maybe we can prove the existence of the GOD (Great obscure deity) particle !!!!:know:

JHuschke
09-24-08, 09:48 AM
Hmmm..they would do anything to replace it within 3-4 weeks like it said. :hmm:

Letum
09-24-08, 10:21 AM
No biggie.
Experiments where not scheduled until after Spring anyway.
All it means is a delay in commissioning.

Raptor1
09-24-08, 10:54 AM
Waaa?

It's probably those doom-sayers, they sabotaged our precious LHC, we must form an angry mob and kill them all

Rhodes
09-24-08, 06:10 PM
It's a wild goose chase! For the next brilliant way to spend our money I suggest a Large Nun Collider, maybe we can prove the existence of the GOD (Great obscure deity) particle !!!!:know:

Ehehehehehhehe:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

We have thousands of nukes already, let's use those instead. :D

Naaaaaa, with a bang? Were's the fun on that? A hole sucking (slurping) everything is more fun and eyecandy!!!:lol:

t's probably those doom-sayers, they sabotaged our precious LHC, we must form an angry mob and kill them all
Fine by me:up: !

Platapus
09-24-08, 06:59 PM
<putting on tin-foil hat>

Maybe the scientists already did their experiment and made a tiny black hole which made the LHC break and they are too embarrassed to tell the public?

SS107.9MHz
09-24-08, 07:20 PM
<putting on tin-foil hat>

Maybe the scientists already did their experiment and made a tiny black hole which made the LHC break and they are too embarrassed to tell the public?

:rotfl:

They will later blame that on moths...http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/images/icons/icon10.gif

It's got to be nerve recking afer all that hard work for these guys, just a few days over the beggining of the experiment, get a set back this big ovr a leak, I really hope they get it right next time.

Skybird
09-24-08, 07:38 PM
It's Schroedinger's cat running in circles inside the tube. Now they are running after it trying to catch it. ;)

bookworm_020
09-24-08, 08:06 PM
The proton's were making a bid for freedom as they wish to have a more fulfilling life outside of their very large mouse wheel.:rotfl:

Rhodes
09-25-08, 10:00 AM
It's Schroedinger's cat running in circles inside the tube. Now they are running after it trying to catch it. ;)

Ahahahahahahahhahahaha:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: , good one Skybird:up: !It :rock:

FIREWALL
09-25-08, 11:06 AM
In laymans terms can someone explain to me how this overpriced NERD toy will help mankind in the Here and Now ?

Didn't they build one in Texas ? And what in the hell great thing has it done ?

While I'm all for science I'd rather see all this money spent on Space Exploration.:yep:

Kipparikalle
09-25-08, 11:29 AM
In laymans terms can someone explain to me how this overpriced NERD toy will help mankind in the Here and Now ?

Didn't they build one in Texas ? And what in the hell great thing has it done ?

While I'm all for science I'd rather see all this money spent on Space Exploration.:yep:

Would be better to put the money on the space-elevator, would save us money and time