PDA

View Full Version : Deck gun short, medium, and long ranges...

Greystone
09-22-08, 12:13 PM
Is anyone aware of what the meter ranges are when ordering the deck gun crew to fire at the short, medium, and long ranges? I'm running GWX2.0.

Sailor Steve
09-22-08, 12:46 PM
GWX 2.1 Data/Cfg/CrewAI

[CrewAI]
; Weapons.
Cannon range 1=1000 ;[m] close range limit
Cannon range 2=5000 ;[m] medium range limit
Cannon range 3=10000 ;[m] long range limit
AA guns range 1=1000 ;[m] close range limit
AA guns range 2=3000 ;[m] medium range limit
AA guns range 3=4000 ;[m] long range limit

And you really should be using 2.1 - it's so much better. But if you're in the middle of a career it's understandable that you put it off.

meduza
09-22-08, 12:48 PM
From data\Cfg\CrewAI.cfg:

Short: 1,000m
Medium: 5,000
Long: 10,000

edit: Sailor Steve was faster :D

Greystone
09-22-08, 05:02 PM
Sailor Steve; Thanks for responding and providing the info I requested. Your suggestion and insight has been noted; meanwhile, being in the middle of a career, it's a comfort to know that I'm proceeding in an understandable manner. :rotfl:

And Meduza; yup, looks like Sailor Steve beat you to it, but thanks again for your help!

Brag
09-22-08, 05:20 PM
Sailor Steve; Thanks for responding and providing the info I requested. Your suggestion and insight has been noted; meanwhile, being in the middle of a career, it's a comfort to know that I'm proceeding in an understandable manner. :rotfl:

And Meduza; yup, looks like Sailor Steve beat you to it, but thanks again for your help!

Proceeding in an understandable manner?
Anyone proceeding in a U-boat career is not understandable at all :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Greystone
09-22-08, 09:03 PM
Proceeding in an understandable manner?
Anyone proceeding in a U-boat career is not understandable at all :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:[/quote]

Hard to argue that... ;)

Incidentally, I'm amazed and humbled by the creativity and volume of work some of the forum members here have done. I'm fairly new here and have begun to fiddle around poking here and there, clicking on signature links, etc; Sailor Steve has a list of authored mods from here to there and back again. I clicked on Brag's link and was amazed at the number of books authored; then went on to enjoy reading some of the satire there. And I've only just started digging a little deeper. Fascinating forum, this...

Sailor Steve
09-23-08, 12:39 AM
I just want to point out that the mods in my collection are ones I like, not ones I created. Yes I've put together a couple of things, but they're usually based on someone else's work and are credited as such. Also there are things there that I put up at someone else's request, such as "where can I find such-and-such?"

Greystone
09-23-08, 11:10 PM
Sorry about the misrepresentation, Sailor Steve.
I hate it when I pull stuff like that; need to make sure I know what I'm talking about b4 I press the "Submit Reply" button... :oops:

Sailor Steve
09-23-08, 11:37 PM
Oh, don't we all. Don't worry about it; I spread mods around more than I make 'em. It's all good.:sunny: