PDA

View Full Version : B-2 or B-1 Spirit bomber games?

Mustang
09-21-08, 08:04 PM
Hello guys,
really glad I found this area of subsim.

Forgive me if I missed a thread while searching for this question I'm about to ask but I couldn't find it.

Is there any games or game+mod that allows the flying of something like a B-1 or B-2 spirit and run covert mission like nuking a target at night or day? Just generally any sort of nuking while stealth action. :)

Thanks.

Oberon
09-22-08, 10:31 AM
Urk, the only stealth I know of is the old Microprose F-19 stealth 'sim'.

There are air dropped nukes in several games, including an addon (firepower IIRC) for CFS3, and a mod for Wings Over Europe, but neither (so far as I know) feature the B-2 or any stealth actions.
Wings Over Europe has a Vulcan though, complete with Blue Steel nuke missile ;)

Check out Combatace for more details :up:

Raptor1
09-22-08, 12:03 PM
Urk, the only stealth I know of is the old Microprose F-19 stealth 'sim'.

There are air dropped nukes in several games, including an addon (firepower IIRC) for CFS3, and a mod for Wings Over Europe, but neither (so far as I know) feature the B-2 or any stealth actions.
Wings Over Europe has a Vulcan though, complete with Blue Steel nuke missile ;)

Check out Combatace for more details :up:

NovaLogic's F-22 Lightning 3 had a nuke!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/49/F-22_Lightning_III_Game_Nuclear_Strike.jpg

Fincuan
09-22-08, 12:17 PM
All flavors of Falcon 4 have nukes, and you can fly both the B-1(which has very little to do with stealth) and B-2, only with F-16 avionics though.

Mustang
09-22-08, 09:05 PM
I've got Falcon 4 and Falcon 4(AF) and havn't seen anything flyable other than the Vipers?

I should apologize, I know the Bone didn't have stealth. I think only a few of them even had non-reflective coating, but anyhow I apologize for misleading I just meant is it flyable somewhere and if so does it have a nuke.

Konovalov
09-23-08, 06:25 AM
It was a mod with full cockpit detail of the B1 quite a few years ago now. Never tried it.

Fincuan
09-23-08, 06:44 AM
I've got Falcon 4 and Falcon 4(AF) and havn't seen anything flyable other than the Vipers?

See this (http://forums.frugalsworld.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=124403). It works on all flavors of Falcon. If there aren't any Lancer or Spirit squadrons in the stock campaigns you'll have to add a few + nukes to the squadron's inventory. One way to do it is with a program called TacRef, but there should be instructions on this at Frugal's.

No need to apologize for anything :up: