PDA

View Full Version : Instant target solution

Janus
09-21-08, 02:55 AM
Hi,
I have NYGM 3.0 installed and are on a patrol in December '43, and I have spotted a single merchant I want to attack (submerged).
I have the ship in my periscope sight; when I lock the target ('L' key) a yellow triangle appears under the target and all the target solution for the shot is already entered into the notepad and I cannot edit it. The yellow triangle will even appear without locking the ship at closer distance.

I am pretty sure that I have checked "Manual targeting system" and unchecked "No Weapon Officer assistance" in the realism options before I started the patrol.

What's happening? How can I get rid of the instant target solution and enter the data myself?

Edit: here is a screenshot of the situation: http://img221.imageshack.us/my.php?image=tdcwx2.jpg
I've checked the realism settings by starting a new single player mission and it seems I forgot to check "Manual targeting system", d'oh. I guess there is no way to change the realism settings in the middle of a running patrol?

nirwana
09-21-08, 03:11 AM
Go to the attackmap and turn off autotargetting (its a tiny dial with "I" and "0"). Then u can change AOB, distance and speed. The bearing of the scope is glued to the scope afaik. Changing it with its dial has no effect u must move the scope to manipulate it.

Janus
09-21-08, 03:33 AM
Thanks nirwana. I got rid of the yellow triangle and can enter the target data manually now. I wonder why it did not work before because I already tried what you said before I posted here...