PDA

View Full Version : Why does my boat keep going deeper?

Piggy
09-16-08, 12:33 PM
Last night I was playing hide and seek with some corvettes, I made a successfull attack on a convoy and then went deep to about 140m, set engine RPM to 50 but my boat slowly keeps going deeper and deeper untill Im forced to throttle up and return to a safer depth, thus giving myself away for a period of time?

It doesnt happen all the time, so whats causing this, is it deep water currents (forcing me down when I dont have enough power to maintian depth) or fatigued crew in the control room?

PS: I didnt have any damage to my boat so that can be ruled out.

Sailor Steve
09-16-08, 12:38 PM
NYGM does that. GWX used to have the boat go up at slow speeds. Today it goes down, but only if you have some damage. If neither of those are the case, I don't know what to tell you.

Blast from the past: In Aces Of The Deep you would start to slowly sink, then get the message "Cannot maintain depth unless we run the pumps!"

Letum
09-16-08, 12:39 PM
Did you crash dive? That can cause depth keeping problems.

Piggy
09-16-08, 12:54 PM
Did you crash dive? That can cause depth keeping problems.

Yes I did, but crash diving takes you to 70m, I manually set my depth to 140m. Im curious why crash diving would cause this though?

Nicolas
09-16-08, 01:02 PM
Yes, it is the crash dive, if you crash dive let the sub go to 70 m and wait at ahead flank a moment then you can go deeper, if you set a depth after a crash dive the boat will tend to dive, and at 2 knots speed it will dive alone.:yep:

Piggy
09-16-08, 01:30 PM
Yes, it is the crash dive, if you crash dive let the sub go to 70 m and wait at ahead flank a moment then you can go deeper, if you set a depth after a crash dive the boat will tend to dive, and at 2 knots speed it will dive alone.:yep:

Ahh, good to know!

Thanks