PDA

View Full Version : Where's all the shipping?

skookum
09-15-08, 12:59 PM
Early 1942. Stock SH4 1.5. Where's the best place to find some juicy targets? Got assigned to the Marshalls, saw nothing for two weeks. Went to Wake Island and shot up the harbor. Otherwise no enemy naval or merchant traffic seen.

Raptor1
09-15-08, 01:05 PM
I think it's around the Philippines/South China Sea all the way north to Japan, but not sur

SteamWake
09-15-08, 01:21 PM
Pretty cool map here http://www.replacementdocs.com/download.php?view.4902

That should help some.

Frame57
09-15-08, 01:24 PM
Yep! Operate near the traditional Japanese shipping lanes. You should have a map when you bought the game. It also references areas that are mined, so beware!

SteamWake
09-15-08, 02:14 PM
Yep! Operate near the traditional Japanese shipping lanes. You should have a map when you bought the game. It also references areas that are mined, so beware!

If he has an early release of the game the map did not have these features on them.

The map I linked is VERY different from the one I got.

aanker
09-15-08, 03:35 PM
The D2D SH4 map in my ver. 1.0 download is a whopping 8026 x 6468 - 8.5 MB file and looks similar to the PDF scan above. It would be nice if UBI made it available for the DVD 'hard copy in a box' owners.

Art

Seminole
09-15-08, 05:01 PM
Early 1942. Stock SH4 1.5. Where's the best place to find some juicy targets?

:hmm: ....not going to be a problem :yep: ...rest assured....you'll be lucky if you don't ram one...:o

skookum
09-16-08, 12:32 AM
I'd feel lucky if I even saw one.

Seminole
09-16-08, 06:37 AM
Well that is strange indeed since you are not running one of the empty ocean mods...:nope:

Frankly I have never encountered that problem. It has always been just the opposite with single merchants, convoys and task forces churning the Pacific to a froth. The big problem has been which ones to avoid. :o

You are doing an Asiatic campaign right?

I've only done 1 career out of Pearl and been transfered to Pearl in another career so we may be talking about 2 different aspects of the game.

If you are in the Asiatic fleet, then hang around the approaches to Manila and Rabual..if there is shipping to be found anywhere it will be found there.

Good luck.

kylesplanet
09-16-08, 09:28 AM
In the stock campaign, the Marshalls are poorly represented. The traffic is very heavy most other places, to the point that it just gets to be a shooting gallery but the Marshalls are pretty much empty. Complete your patrol there and move on.

skookum
09-16-08, 11:09 AM
I'm doing a Pearl Harbor campaign/ The travel time is really aggravating. I think I'll switch to Asiatic. Thanks for the help. I finally found some traffic near Guam.

Raptor1
09-16-08, 11:11 AM
The Asiatic Fleet starts out in a really nice position, but it once it gets pushed back to Fremantle, navigating all the islands really gets annoying

I found Brisbane during the Solomons Campaign to be very fun, you are close to the action AND you don't need to navigate between a million small islands

SteamWake
09-16-08, 12:35 PM
The Asiatic Fleet starts out in a really nice position, but it once it gets pushed back to Fremantle, navigating all the islands really gets annoying

I found Brisbane during the Solomons Campaign to be very fun, you are close to the action AND you don't need to navigate between a million small islands

Bah just do what I do and run into them :doh:

Raptor1
09-16-08, 01:03 PM

Bah just do what I do and run into them :doh:
I didn't know the US Navy had a Landsub Force

Etienne
09-16-08, 09:59 PM
Raptor1, you just need to install the Wheelie 1.2 mod; it incorporates the historical Mk 23b "Fish Road" wheel attachment for the Gato class...

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: