PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone else running or trying to run SH3 on Vista 64 bit?

Flamingboat
09-14-08, 09:45 PM
I know there is a Vista sticky but my problems seem to be due to the fact that I run Vista 64. Some older games like SH3 are giving me problems. SH4 works flawlessly. I can't get started, when I have to put my CD key in the first time I play it won't let me. It says it's the wrong windows version. All the usual stuff doesn't seem to be working. Any help from 64 bit people would be appreciated. Thanks!

h.sie
09-15-08, 03:14 AM
runs perfect with 64 bit ultimate

owner20071963
09-15-08, 04:11 AM
I know there is a Vista sticky but my problems seem to be due to the fact that I run Vista 64. Some older games like SH3 are giving me problems. SH4 works flawlessly. I can't get started, when I have to put my CD key in the first time I play it won't let me. It says it's the wrong windows version. All the usual stuff doesn't seem to be working. Any help from 64 bit people would be appreciated. Thanks! I had that problem with Vista,My SH3 Disc being Old,would not play,So I Got Starforce,at Starforce.com, Its a tool to makes Old Games compatable with Vista,worked fine for me,Now all my old games are playable since I got it, others have complained about it,Try it,As we say,nothing Ventured,nothing Gained,Hope This Helps,
owner,:arrgh!:
All Happy Captains Here http://www.ComSubsPac.spruz.com (http://www.comsubspac.spruz.com/)

Flamingboat
09-15-08, 02:42 PM
Hmm, well I am making progress. I can see the two intro movies, then I freeze up before I can see the loading screen.

nirwana
09-15-08, 04:04 PM
Did u disable account management ? The game tries to access code which is in the hidden container if u installed it with account management on.

Flamingboat
09-15-08, 06:30 PM
Did u disable account management ? The game tries to access code which is in the hidden container if u installed it with account management on.

That will be a no, since I don't know what you are talking about. Now I can hear the menu music but I can't see the game. Grrr...

Hylander_1314
09-16-08, 12:48 AM
UAC (User Account Control) it's in the control panel. Tick the box at the bottom of the window to turn it off. It will also help in preventing Windows from asking you 20,000 times if you are sure you want to do this, when loading new software or making changes.

Flamingboat
09-16-08, 03:39 PM
I "fixed" it. I had to do that which can not be named on the forums. It's the only option for Vista 64 users, or sell it on ebay.

The game looks and works spectacular. I don't have to wait 30 minutes to load a career.

nirwana
09-16-08, 03:47 PM
The only wise choice is to avoid getting the game via CD for any OS. This low level copy protection crap from starforce is disguising.:down:

Flamingboat
09-16-08, 03:57 PM
The only wise choice is to avoid getting the game via CD for any OS. This low level copy protection crap from starforce is disguising.:down:

I agree, I just got SH4 and U-boat missions off D2D. I know they are trying to protect their products, but making someone who is legally following the rules jump over so many hurdles is just not the way to go.