PDA

View Full Version : Crashes!

andym
09-14-08, 12:58 PM
Ok,i have had 3 of these now.I am running a clean vanilla version of SH3.When i have sunk some tonnage i go to the crew area and stand down the Gun crews,then SH3 crashes,i get the usual Dear Bill note.Is this a known issue or an encumberance?Also,i want to get the GWX mod,so do i just download and insatll it or do i need to have a seperate clean copy of SH3 installed?

nirwana
09-14-08, 01:12 PM
Create an empty folder with a different name first and copy all files in the sh3 folder into it. That way u always have an untouched stock sh3 version if u later create multiple sh3 games with different supermods (I have 6). The gwx installer just use the existing sh3 installation by default.

andym
09-14-08, 01:35 PM
Cheers shippers,i also see that there is an expansion for SH3 ,Battle in the Med,is it worth buying or not?

Ok,instaled and i am blown away and ive hardly left port!!!!!

Any recommendations for any other mods?

Wreford-Brown
09-14-08, 03:25 PM
Stick with vanilla SH3 for a while to build up some experience - learning in vanilla will save you a lot of frustration as GWX can be a bitch if you go straight into it.

The whole Mediterranean part of the war is covered in GWX 2.1 - I'd save my money and get into the Med once you've installed GWX.

kenijaru
09-14-08, 03:27 PM
Cheers shippers,i also see that there is an expansion for SH3 ,Battle in the Med,is it worth buying or not?
with all the free mods? why would you do that?

Ok,instaled and i am blown away and ive hardly left port!!!!!

yeah, it has that effect on people.

Any recommendations for any other mods?
sh3 commander is a must :yep: (it's a stand alone app that enhances gameplay and stuff)
some eye-candy mods like... final torpedo damage 2.0, lifeboats.... :|\\

andym
09-14-08, 03:54 PM
I have been playing the SH series for a number of years now and am quite good at it,so i needed to step things up a tad.I shall download the SH Comander mod.I have seen Thomsens Sound mod,is it REALLY good?

nirwana
09-14-08, 05:29 PM
The soundtracks/-bits are from "Das Boot" and therefor quite realistic. But u wont hear the popping nuts and bolds while being waboed which was a historic nonsense but used for increase the dramatic for the viewers. Every sound is much more intensive then without out.