PDA

View Full Version : Fun with physics?

Erich dem Roten
09-12-08, 07:06 PM
Anyone know what physics engine this game uses? I was goofing around today and was thinking about how it'd be pretty funny to be able to turn torp damage to some astronomical number and actually blow boats out of the water...literally.

GoldenRivet
09-12-08, 07:56 PM
sorry, its been done.

videos on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0CZNMtrhoM&feature=related

check out 1:34 into it

also go to the mods forum and get the super torpedo mod. it will launch a destroyer about 500 feet into the air i think

Erich dem Roten
09-12-08, 08:33 PM
Haha, thanks for the link. I wonder if he was taking damage when he landed.

Sailor Steve
09-13-08, 12:12 AM
Right after the game came out three years ago, somebody made a video of a torpedo blowing a Nelson half a mile or more into the air, flipping over and over as it went.

nirwana
09-13-08, 03:09 AM
Its still possible with trawlers in harbors without creating uberweapons. Its flipping over but it jumps only max. 10m.

Jimbuna
09-13-08, 04:20 AM
If one really stretches ones imagination it is possible to create a flying sub.

Pisces
09-13-08, 01:08 PM
sorry, its been done.

videos on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0CZNMtrhoM&feature=related

check out 1:34 into it

also go to the mods forum and get the super torpedo mod. it will launch a destroyer about 500 feet into the air i thinkROTFLMSAO, that's hillarious! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Redwine
09-13-08, 07:35 PM
Anyone know what physics engine this game uses? I was goofing around today and was thinking about how it'd be pretty funny to be able to turn torp damage to some astronomical number and actually blow boats out of the water...literally.
You dont need to increase damage for that, that is made by "Impulse" value disregarding the damage values.

If you increase the impulse, the ship rise up from the water when the torp explodes... same happens with depth charges, if you increse the "impulse" your sub is shaked a lot...

To increase the impulse value do not cause more damage....

I use Impulse 6000 for 300kg torps (20 impulse for each one kg of explosive), when one of this hits the keel of a DD/De, a light ship, it center rise up from the water, the ship is broken in two pieces and some times one of both of the half-ship parts makes a "bell turn" (do not the name of this in english, a 360 degrees turn along it longitudinal axis) very impresive.

kylania
09-13-08, 07:57 PM
There once was a video called 'blow' or 'bowl' or something, it was similar to that Dolphin movie, but it had a XXI flying into and completely rolling over various ships. Anyone still have a copy of that? I can't find mine. :(

Task Force
09-13-08, 09:13 PM
:rotfl: I remember when Mr Fleck posted that acouple of months ago, before I was a member.:rotfl: