PDA

View Full Version : Drinking a bottle of Samael's Oak Aged Ale, by the Avery Co.

SUBMAN1
09-11-08, 04:58 PM
Man. Strong beer. This is a 1 hour 30 minute jobbie on this one. I like it! :up: However, not sure I would buy it over a Dogfish 120 or 90 min IPA.

The bad part is, all I have right now is strong beer. Lightest beer I've got in the fridge right now is 9% abv. :o

If I get a little loopy tonight, you guys know why.

-S

Platapus
09-11-08, 05:07 PM
Friends don't let friends drink and post on Subsim.com

So go ahead. :lol:

antikristuseke
09-11-08, 05:10 PM

-S

I don't think I will be able to tell the difference:lol:

But worry not, I'll be a bit liquored up myself tonight, just feel like having a small drink and the only stuff i have is some Bushmills 12 yo single malt, a bottle I plan to open at my best friends wedding, when ever that may come, or some really horrible wine my brother bought some time ago. Allso a bottle of Rock (beer) so it will have to be a bottle of ****ty wine washed down with beer.

SUBMAN1
09-11-08, 05:17 PM

-S
I don't think I will be able to tell the difference:lol:... Hey, it could be worse! I could be normal you know! Normal is very boring, and since you can tell I like to stir the pot once in a while, I keep things interesting! ;) :p If I quit being loopy, Subsim access numbers would drop by the thousands! People like controversy! :smug:

jk! Maybe I'm right though!? :D I do notice on days we all aren't raising a big stink about something translate into low days of attendance! Notice that?

-S

antikristuseke
09-11-08, 05:21 PM
Actualy havent payed much attention to that, but I suppose we could help the visitor number along by getting into a drunken brawl:hmm:

SUBMAN1
09-11-08, 05:26 PM
Hahahaha! Fun! Except no one is allowed to break bones. That is the only rule!

-S

SUBMAN1
09-11-08, 05:34 PM
Just finished this beer. It is a 1 hour beer. I was a bit off on my time estimate. Of course I just drank 3.5 beers worth in one bottle in 1 hour. Hmm. My 1:30 time not be too far off, but maybe 1:15 is closer.

-S

antikristuseke
09-11-08, 05:38 PM
Allright, no breaking bones, intentionally at least. This reminds me that i still havent gone to the dentist about the chip that was knocked out of my tooth the last time i was punched in the face, should get on that when I sober up.:yep:

SUBMAN1
09-11-08, 05:43 PM
Allright, no breaking bones, intentionally at least. This reminds me that i still havent gone to the dentist about the chip that was knocked out of my tooth the last time i was punched in the face, should get on that when I sober up.:yep:Crap - I just skipped my dentist appt. because I am changing jobs and had an interview at the same time. I got a nasty letter in the mail threatening to charge me next time I do that (regardless that I gave them 24 hours notice). They must be too big for their britches I guess since my 20 year loyalty means nothing. I am having a big problem with that. I know he is the best in the business and I know he is not accepting new clients because he is absolutly is booked beyond belief, but DO NOT STEP OVER THAT LINE! I have no longer become a patient in their eyes, but simply a monetary thing. That is why I haven't rebooked at this point for my cleaning.

I am a very loyal person, so do not betray my loyalty. They have done that in a way.

-S

antikristuseke
09-11-08, 05:51 PM
Dont really have a dentist I have used regularly, with the horror stories I have about my dentist as a child and young teenager i'm fine with anyone, they could not possibly be any worse than that particular lady. She yanked out my canines BEFORE the damned local anasthesia had kicked in and at one point managed to drill into a nerve.
Other than that, thats capitalism for you, the bigger someones customer base becomes the less important a single customer is, regardless of loyalty. Which is bull**** in my opinion, but thats life. Though only turning 22 in november, whad do i know.:88)

SUBMAN1
09-11-08, 05:53 PM
Dont really have a dentist I have used regularly, with the horror stories I have about my dentist as a child and young teenager i'm fine with anyone, they could not possibly be any worse than that particular lady. She yanked out my canines BEFORE the damned local anasthesia had kicked in and at one point managed to drill into a nerve.
Other than that, thats capitalism for you, the bigger someones customer base becomes the less important a single customer is, regardless of loyalty. Which is bull**** in my opinion, but thats life. Though only turning 22 in november, whad do i know.:88)Here is the flip side of capitalism - He is so damn good, it is hard to get an appt with him, and trust me, I don't want anyone else working on my teeth! :up:

You just talked me into calling them.

-S

antikristuseke
09-11-08, 06:00 PM
Capitalism, for all its faults, work better than any other economic system I can think of in the real world, though it still needs some regulating.

Anyway, good that you have found a dentist you trust, so hopefully you get an appointment soon.

Platapus
09-11-08, 08:19 PM
Capitalism, for all its faults, work better than any other economic system I can think of in the real world, though it still needs some regulating.

Anyway, good that you have found a dentist you trust, so hopefully you get an appointment soon.

The difference between Capitalism and Communism is that in Capitalism man exploits his fellow man. In Communism it is the other way around. :up:

SUBMAN1
09-11-08, 08:22 PM
The difference between Capitalism and Communism is that in Capitalism man exploits his fellow man. In Communism it is the other way around. :up:
You forgot one key difference/element that is crucial to mankind as a whole - One is based on choice (which is why it works so much better).....

-S

Sailor Steve
09-11-08, 08:41 PM
Only you can take a joke and turn it into a debate.:roll:

UnderseaLcpl
09-11-08, 09:10 PM
Only you can take a joke and turn it into a debate.:roll:

When you have beer everything is a joke you can turn into a debate. Or a debate you can turn into a joke.
The skybird is the limit:rotfl:

Frame57
09-11-08, 09:13 PM
Man. Strong beer. This is a 1 hour 30 minute jobbie on this one. I like it! :up: However, not sure I would buy it over a Dogfish 120 or 90 min IPA.

The bad part is, all I have right now is strong beer. Lightest beer I've got in the fridge right now is 9% abv. :o

-SIt's OK, I just popped the top on my Johnny Walker Blue...Cheers!

SUBMAN1
09-11-08, 09:49 PM
Cheers man! :up:

-S

McBeck
09-12-08, 12:20 AM
Don't drink n' post! :up:

Frame57
09-12-08, 10:55 AM
Ouch! That was a bad night. My head hurts and I am a bit hung over. To much Johnny W. The smoothest scotch I have found (Blue label). I had a crazy dream though. I was banging Sarah Palin in the White house and in the dream I was not me, I was Clinton (figures). The worse part though is that i was not Bill, but Hillary...I need an Alka Seltzer...:nope:

SUBMAN1
09-12-08, 12:22 PM
Ouch! That was a bad night. My head hurts and I am a bit hung over. To much Johnny W. The smoothest scotch I have found (Blue label). I had a crazy dream though. I was banging Sarah Palin in the White house and in the dream I was not me, I was Clinton (figures). The worse part though is that i was not Bill, but Hillary...I need an Alka Seltzer...:nope:

My head is fine. :p Don't drink too much of that stuff. Weird dreams apparently are the result. Probably spiked with something.

-S

PS. The cheaper your alcohol, the worse your headache. General rule that. Probably because its less pure.

Tango589
09-12-08, 01:51 PM
The cheaper your alcohol, the worse your headache. General rule that. Probably because its less pure.

Also, after year of careful experimentation I have found: The darker the spirit the worse the hangover. This is why Woods 100 navy rum (100% proof = 50% ABV)gives me a stinking hangover that feels like the world is ending, as it is almost black and tastes like you are drinking molasses, but in a good way; although putting a large dent in a bottle of clear butterscotch schnapps (only 35-40%) gives me almost no hangover.

The reason for this is:

This is due to chemicals called congeners which include complex organic molecules such as polyphenols, other alcohols such as methanol, and histamine. They are produced along with ethanol during fermentation or the drinks ageing process. Congeners are believed to contribute to the intoxiating effect of drink, and the subsequent hangover. People who drink pure ethanol-based alcohols such as vodka have been shown to suffer fewer hangover symptoms than those who drink darker beverages such as whisky, brandy and red wine, all of which have a much higher congener content. The congener denounced as the main hangover culprit is methanol. Humans metabolise methanol in a similar way to ethanol but the end product is different. Ethanol generates acyetaldehyde, but when methanol is broken down a major product is formaldehyde, which is more toxic than acetaldehyde and can cause blindness or death in high concentrations. Ethanol inhibits the production of methanol, which may be why drinking 'hair of the dog' can alleviate hangover symptoms. Studies have found that the severities of different drinks' hangover symptoms decline in this order: brandy, red wine, rum, whisky, white wine, gin, vodka, pure ethanol.

Thank god for New Scientist to provide information.

Ps.

It has taken me over half an hour to type this and amend spelling errors due to being under the influence.

Time for another beer.:()1:

SUBMAN1
09-12-08, 01:54 PM
Now explain this - Good red wine never gives a hangover either?

And I like Dark beer, which also if a good beer, doesn't give a hangover either???

-S

Tango589
09-12-08, 01:58 PM

And I like Dark beer, which also if a good beer, doesn't give a hangover either???

-S

Can't. Sorry. I've always found wine and strong beer to give me a headache. Maybe you have a higher tolerance than me?

Heres raising a glass to you.:up:

SUBMAN1
09-12-08, 02:03 PM

-S
Can't. Sorry. I've always found wine and strong beer to give me a headache. Maybe you have a higher tolerance than me?

Heres raising a glass to you.:up:Must edumacate you if you ever make it to the PNW! I'll get you tanked and you will feel fine in the morning! It will all be in the name of research of course! :p :D

-S

Tango589
09-12-08, 02:11 PM
Sounds like fun research!

Sorry if I'm being a bit slow but whats the PNW?

Is it related to the Subsim meeting?

If so, sorry but I'll have to blow out, RL vomits in my lap once again.:nope: