PDA

View Full Version : upgrading my boat.

papegojan
09-11-08, 03:55 PM
I am wondering if there is anything I am doing wrong. I am now in sept 1941 and my boat is a VIIC. Nice vessel which has provided sterling service, but according to the list of upgrades possible in th game list, the more updated conning towers should be available by the timeframe I am in. can anyone advise me if I need to sink a certain amount of tonnage, or get a certain amount of renown before these refits are available? Also according to the list the type IX should be aailable now, but it ain't. Is ythis dependent on the flotilla to which you are attached? Before anyone says, I have read the manual, but didn't see anything. Maybe I'm just thick.......:roll:

GoldenRivet
09-11-08, 04:08 PM
Are you using GWX?

when you say possible upgrades list is this from the paper manual that came with SH3?

papegojan
09-11-08, 04:29 PM
Yes I am using GWX. It's fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!! The info I refer to can be found when you press the ? icon in the u boat upgrade/equipment screen (ie where you can change torpedoes, weaponry etc)

Laufen zum Ziel
09-11-08, 05:00 PM
I believe that when you are at that screen most sub upgrades
are bought by reknown.

I am in 1939 and have a IXB however I started in a flotilla that uses that
boat in 1939. Picking a flotilla is from the start screen on a new carrer.

Erich dem Roten
09-11-08, 06:31 PM
I've wondered the same thing...I got a type IV torp about a year before they were shown to be produced, but couldn't get a newer conning tower till 8 or so months after their introduction.

I think the specific dates change according to which flotilla you're serving with (or so it seems). At least that's the way different sub types work. I'm sure one of the SH3 vets has a solid answer.