PDA

View Full Version : Codecs

nikbear
09-10-08, 02:31 AM
Could people tell me what codecs they are using?having trouble with speech/sound in game and wondering if that might be the problem as everything else is fine,at the moment, using K-lite codec.thank you in advance:up:

kylania
09-10-08, 02:27 PM
I believe SH III included it's own Media Player 9 codec's with the install? To be honest I have no idea which one's I'm using at home, but I'll try to check when I get there. I'd make sure you have your sound card drivers updated.

nikbear
09-10-08, 03:00 PM
I m using the current drivers for my card,its an old soundblaster 24 bit thing which is going to be replaced soon:oops:But in its defence it works perfectly fine with everything else:hmm:the problem I'm having is a whispering sonar man:damn:and an engine anomally,when staring straight ahead at the stern or bow of the sub,I can't hear the engine's:damn:only when I turn to the starboard or port can I hear them.I downloaded GWX a few times cause I did get a corrupted BinFile5,but now everything is working fine except this sound thingy which is driving me nuts:nope:I could live with the engine problem but the whispering sonar man is a real problem,stange thing is If I'm in periscope view I hear him fine,its just map view,its baffaling me:damn: