PDA

View Full Version : Renown

Stefan Sauer
09-09-08, 11:03 AM
Can anyone help. Having installed SH3 upgrades every time I complete a patrol sinking ships my renown goes down not up. Any suggestions to fix this

GoldenRivet
09-09-08, 11:09 AM
what mods are you using, what color are the sunken ships icons, what is the date of the mission (ie August 1939 etc)

EDIT: About the only way to get negative renown is by sinking friendly or neutral ships. Are you verifying the nationality of the ships you attack? has the war started?

another possibility is that you are sinking ships and ending your patrol by returning to close to the starting point of your patrol ... this can sometimes result in no renown being awarded (but not negative renown)

Sailor Steve
09-09-08, 01:10 PM
WELCOME ABOARD!:sunny:

As GR said, it sounds like you're sinking neutral ships. Are you using GWX 2.1? If so, then you are probably attacking ships right away, and GWX 2.1 starts you in August 1939, a month before the war started.

Stefan Sauer
09-09-08, 02:08 PM
I am running improved wave textures, seafloor sfv2, elite u boat crew uniforms, thomsens sound pacps v3 v3.1 v3,2,torpedo damage final ver2.8 env water stream& exhaust smoke. I have also noticed that all ports are shown in green

Stefan Sauer
09-09-08, 02:09 PM
Also the sinken ship icons are shown in green

nirwana
09-09-08, 02:49 PM
well thats the reason green=don't touch it (neutral)

Stefan Sauer
09-09-08, 03:24 PM
I dont know that they are green until sunk they show as black icons when spotted and then I approach and check their country of origin when I see the flag they are shown as hostile it is only when they are sunk that the icon showns as green

GoldenRivet
09-09-08, 03:27 PM
Is this with GWX2?

If so, the GWX 2 career starts in August 1939... one month before the war started. If you are going out and sinking anything in august 1939 its going to be neutral

nirwana
09-09-08, 03:39 PM
Black(= relation to Germany unknown) icons of non sunken ships in the map is standard (except stock sh3) as long as u havnt add a mod called "GWX-Contact Color" or similiars of other smods. Only with it the contacts in the map contains the info friend/foe/neutral by using the appropriate ink. Even if BDU reports a hostile convoy or friendly warships and it popps up in the map its black without it in certain smods.

For checking if hostile or not only visually u need to carefully check if the country is an enemy at the time ure attacking its ship.

Murr44
09-10-08, 03:03 AM
If you're using GWX 2.1 hit the F1 key. You'll see a screen called "Enemies of Germany",; click on it & it will show a list of all the countries & whether they are enemies, neutrals or friendlies, plus the dates. It's also a good idea to use the "Flagpen" pull down screen (available in the UZO & Attack Periscope stations) to check the nationality of a vessel before you attack it.

STEED
09-10-08, 06:32 AM
I have also noticed that all ports are shown in green

Are you waging war before September 3rd?

Jimbuna
09-10-08, 11:59 AM
I have also noticed that all ports are shown in green

Are you waging war before September 3rd?

More than likely the case....GREEN = Neutral http://www.psionguild.org/forums/images/smilies/wolfsmilies/pirate.gif