PDA

View Full Version : SH4 on a Mac?

skookum
09-08-08, 11:18 PM
Howdy,

I'm getting an I-Mac. Has anyone had any experience here running SH4 on a Mac using Bootcamp? How well is it running? Any issues?

bookworm_020
09-08-08, 11:31 PM
I saw pictures of a Itel mac running SH4 awhile back on this forum. I believe it ran pretty well with few problems.

Just make sure your Mac is up to speed in the way of RAM and it should cope OK, at least that's what the feedback said.:up:

Goodluck!

SteveW1
09-09-08, 03:08 AM
My old man has it running on his Imac successfully, the trick is to make sure it has the Dual Boot option so when you start up the windows side it makes use of all the hardware.

His system specs are supposed to be 20inch IMac, 1 gig of ram with a X1600 Radeon GPU in it.

Hope you get it running.

Steve

skookum
09-11-08, 11:35 PM
Just bought SH4 Gold Edition (v1.5) today. My iMac should be here in a week. Dug out my old copy of Windows XP. And now I wait, drooling.

wbs52
09-12-08, 08:27 AM
I have SH4 running on a MacBook Pro using BootCamp. Works very well. I'm going to try it on my 24" iMac as soon as I install BootCamp on it.

Seminole
09-12-08, 08:44 AM
When I read the heading a mental image popped up of a sub on a burger, in between these cheese and lettuce....maybe because yesterday I got a missed call listed on my caller ID from "Ronald McDonald"...no kidding...:yep:

Then I realized hey...there is a computer out there called Macintosh...:nope: ..apple or something like that. Thats what he was talking about...:hmm:

Rockin Robbins
09-12-08, 10:06 AM
Yeah, they're the guys that sold me a new Apple /// system for $3000 and then abandoned me in just three months with no decent software and not even a thank you. They treated all their Apple ][ customers just as crappily. No Apples for me or any of their products, ever again. Everything bad ever told about Bill Gates and Microsoft goes triple for Apple.

Even now, their orgasmic iPhone refuses to run free software. If you want to run it, you must buy it only from Apple. Their arrogance makes me sick. Who needs 'em, especially when a MacIntosh PC is nothing but a buggered up and overpriced Intel PC?
http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa293/RockinRobbins13/smileys/andthehorseyoucameinon.gif

SteamWake
09-12-08, 10:51 AM
Hrm where does one get one of these 'orgasmic I phones' Id like to get one for my wife :rotfl:

Rockin Robbins
09-12-08, 10:56 AM
Hrm where does one get one of these 'orgasmic I phones' Id like to get one for my wife :rotfl:
OOOOOOOOO! I may have to modify (nuance) my entire position.http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa293/RockinRobbins13/smileys/giggle.gif

skookum
09-12-08, 11:28 AM
I'm going to try it on my 24" iMac as soon as I install BootCamp on it.

Are you running Leopard? If so, you should already have bootcamp.

wbs52
09-12-08, 01:57 PM
Yeah, just haven't set it up yet. Had no need for it until I found out about Silent Hunter 4, so I set it up on the laptop.

skookum
09-12-08, 05:03 PM
Nice.

pedalgeek
09-14-08, 06:44 PM
I'm running SH4 under bootcamp on a 24" iMac. The game runs beautifully, I can run it will all the graphics settings on full at the native screen res without dropping frames.
:yep:

skookum
09-14-08, 08:43 PM
I can't wait!