PDA

View Full Version : SHIII Load Failure

Steeltrap
09-07-08, 11:07 PM
All

I've been playing with GWX 2.1 and OLC mod + SHIII commander.
In 3rd patrol Dec 1939.
Did a series of attacks against a convoy then broke contact.
Saved game once well away from anything (as far as I could tell - weather pretty poor).

Now I find SHIII won't run. I get the GWX load screen and the red bar at the bottom gets about 40% across then it fails and cuts to an error message (something to do with SH3.exe and simdata.dll). I have not made any changes to the game mid-patrol. I have loaded other saves in this patrol.

I've tried loading directly without SHIII commander - same result.

Anyone have any ideas? I don't see why it should start doing this. Don't want to go through the hassle of a re-install, and can't see why that should be necessary. Had I tried loading another mod etc. (especially mid-patrol) then I could understand it.

One other question - when saving, does it cause problems to save over previous saves using the same name? I hope not, as it would mean having 20-30 saves in no time!

Any suggestions/comments/advice welcome.

Cheers

Laufen zum Ziel
09-07-08, 11:18 PM
Try the below link of Q&A under catagory CTD's - There
are hunderds of questions and answers concerning this
there.

Steeltrap
09-07-08, 11:50 PM
Excellent reference - thanks for the help.

Sadly, however, they are all variants of "SHII is screwed", which is, I guess, exactly what mine is, too.

Will keep reading....

nirwana
09-08-08, 03:32 AM
Dont think saving the game over an older one is a reason. I do this permanently. I suspect that the game tries to load or compare or whatever parts of the gamecode from the virtual memory. I noticed it when the VR was assigned to a drive which was off cause of my energy conserving setting.