PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone Know this??

GoldenRivet
09-07-08, 04:18 PM
If you use the free camera "Shift+F2" in the command room view and go into the captains bunk area.

there is a cabinet located above the desk with the coffe mug and the picture of the woman.

If you barely move the camera into this cabinet there is a big safe inside there that you would never even know was there unless you did this.

wonder if the devs had plans for this safe but abandoned the plans as deadlines loomed near?

nothing in the safe though

superfecta
09-07-08, 06:16 PM
Interesting...... In Janes 688I thats where you would save/ exit your games. Now can you find the Head for me?

Laufen zum Ziel
09-07-08, 06:26 PM
Very interesting. What else don't we know?

Madox58
09-07-08, 06:28 PM
And under the bunk?
A full case of Becks!!
The safe is empty, the case is full!!
Now.
What to do?
:rotfl:

Mittelwaechter
09-07-08, 06:33 PM
Never tried to enter the furniture...

I know the heavy bombers have a real 3d-bombbay filled with bombs and after release of the load it's empty.

Silver_Silence
09-07-08, 11:04 PM
Yeah I found that myself and it kept me wondering. Interesting why it is there in the first place.

UnderseaLcpl
09-08-08, 02:19 AM
Yeah I found that myself and it kept me wondering. Interesting why it is there in the first place.

Storage for enigma rotors and sensitive documents?

Jimbuna
09-08-08, 03:41 AM
nothing in the safe though

Are you certain?

If you have the right code, you will find there actually is somethinf contained inside :smug:

GoldenRivet
09-08-08, 03:49 AM
Jim how naughty of you to stir the kettle like that :lol:

Jimbuna
09-08-08, 09:36 AM
Jim how naughty of you to stir the kettle like that :lol:

Only in GWX2.1 :lol:

GoldenRivet
09-08-08, 11:47 AM
:nope:

hahahaha

I wonder how many people scrambeled to go try and put the right combination into the safe :rotfl:

barkhorn45
09-08-08, 11:54 AM
when i was on patrol at the start of the norweigen camp.i was told to open a envelope and follow the orders inside.could'nt figure out where it was located,maybe in that safe perhap's?

GoldenRivet
09-08-08, 02:54 PM
nope.... the orders you received are just for immersion purposes only, they have no bearing on the player or his actions.

Ubi put the safe in there for a reason... but for whatever purpose - its function was never incluided into the game.

I can only assume that

1. the free cam was to be further modified to incorporate a free walk feature

2. the drawers and cabinets (sme of them) were to be made functional where the player could open them.

3. the safe was to serve some purpose... but due to the fact that many of the developers plans were never implemented into the game before release we may never know why there is a safe "hidden" in the captains quarters.

Jimbuna
09-08-08, 03:47 PM
:nope:

hahahaha

I wonder how many people scrambeled to go try and put the right combination into the safe :rotfl:

They need to go to a certain area in the control room where there is a code scribbled/scrawled....go back to the safe and keep the Ctrl key depressed whilst inputting the eight digit code.

The safe should open and reveal it's contents. (only in GWX2.1 mind)

GoldenRivet
09-08-08, 03:49 PM
SIGH

:lol:

_Seth_
09-09-08, 03:14 PM
They need to go to a certain area in the control room where there is a code scribbled/scrawled....go back to the safe and keep the Ctrl key depressed whilst inputting the eight digit code.

The safe should open and reveal it's contents. (only in GWX2.1 mind)

And, BTW; You have to stand on one leg while doing this... And sing the german national anthem..Backwards. :yep::lol::lol:

Letum
09-09-08, 05:31 PM
The enigma machine is also rigged to be functional.

Reece
09-09-08, 08:24 PM
Also if you check inside a torpedo you can see the gyro turning.:yep:

Jimbuna
09-10-08, 05:27 AM
http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/47/onozomg2dt1.gif (http://imageshack.us)

What have I started :o

I was only after one small enquiry as to what the safe contents where :lol:

Reece
09-10-08, 07:28 AM
I was only after one small enquiry as to what the safe contents where :lol:Thats "were" Jim!:p

Jimbuna
09-10-08, 02:42 PM
I was only after one small enquiry as to what the safe contents where :lol:Thats "were" Jim!:p

yep....you've got me there :oops: