PDA

View Full Version : A question on graphics

Silver_Silence
09-07-08, 08:21 AM
I have wanted to ask this question for a long time. It is just that I am not sure if I really have a problem.

When I look at the many screenshot you guys posted, it does appear that the SH3 that I play I have a much lower resolution, that my game doesn't look as good as yours. In the game option, I don't see one to adjust the screen resolution.

For instance, The wire/cable that run between mast, in most screen shots I see they are smooth line. But in my game they are jagged as hell. And along with my different things. Is there an option to get a high resolution and better graphics?

onelifecrisis
09-07-08, 10:14 AM
I have wanted to ask this question for a long time. It is just that I am not sure if I really have a problem.

When I look at the many screenshot you guys posted, it does appear that the SH3 that I play I have a much lower resolution, that my game doesn't look as good as yours. In the game option, I don't see one to adjust the screen resolution.

For instance, The wire/cable that run between mast, in most screen shots I see they are smooth line. But in my game they are jagged as hell. And along with my different things. Is there an option to get a high resolution and better graphics?

Turn on Anti Aliasing in your graphics card settings. It's not an in-game option. You have to use your graphics card to enable it. Whatever card you have, you can probably get to the graphics setting by right-clicking on your desktop. What card do you have?

StarLion45
09-07-08, 10:15 AM
:D h\Hi there Silver Silence !
What resolution do you use?
And what graphic card do you use:hmm:
if you have NVIDIA card you should do this I have NVIDIA card my self
GeForce 8600 gt
I have give you a very important link YOU MUST USE if you have NVIDIA

Here you go:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=128517

Silver_Silence
09-07-08, 06:02 PM
Hi. Thank you both for the tips.

I use GeForce 8600 gt on an Dell Inspiron laptop. Following your advice I create a profile specifically for SH3 with anti-aliasing option turn on at x16 (the highest number). Now it looks much much better. I know SH3 is an old game, but I know it can be better! http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/images/icons/icon10.gif Most game I played have in game option, but not SH3.

Thx for the tips.

Laufen zum Ziel
09-08-08, 10:27 AM
Graphic Q&A can be found under the graphic catagory
at the below Q&A link.