PDA

View Full Version : What is this guy doing??

GoldenRivet
09-07-08, 03:25 AM
Okay,

here is one for the books.

I went into the command room view and something out of the corner of my eye didnt seem right so i panned over, and the guy who manages the trim valves was popping a squat!

have a look... here is a link to the only screenie i managed to get

http://img139.imageshack.us/my.php?image=whattheheckbo7.jpg

he seemed quite upset abotu something as if very nervous, and it appeared that when he looked over his shoulder in my direction and realized i was looking he bolted upright and stood at his station!

wierd

tomfon
09-07-08, 06:03 AM
That's what this guy will always do when a torpedo you launched
misses. As i can see it says "torpedo missed sir".;)

Brag
09-07-08, 07:22 AM
Amazing how many surprises we are geting with GWX 2.1. Had a freighter without guns firing at me. Yesterday, a small freighter was letting lose with that seemed like traces (but more like power bursts from a ray-gun) in every direction but the U-boat (again, not showing armament. When I ordered trhe gun crew to shoot at armament, two rounds near the wheel house stopped the nonsense.

bigboywooly
09-07-08, 09:20 AM
He is hiding
Afraid of a slap when he tells you torpedo has missed
:rotfl:

Reece
09-07-08, 10:02 AM
He is hiding
Afraid of a slap when he tells you torpedo has missed
Then he maybe taking a dump!:lol:

Pisces
09-07-08, 11:07 AM
Yeah, seems like he desperately needs to be 'relieved'.

GoldenRivet
09-07-08, 01:59 PM
te torpedo missed in question was one torpedo in a spread of two, which actually hit several minutes before.

it was wierd

Jimbuna
09-07-08, 03:03 PM
Amazing how many surprises we are geting with GWX 2.1. Had a freighter without guns firing at me. Yesterday, a small freighter was letting lose with that seemed like traces (but more like power bursts from a ray-gun) in every direction but the U-boat (again, not showing armament. When I ordered trhe gun crew to shoot at armament, two rounds near the wheel house stopped the nonsense.

That was the 22nd century update for the Q Ship :lol:

tomfon
09-07-08, 06:22 PM
te torpedo missed in question was one torpedo in a spread of two, which actually hit several minutes before.

it was wierd

Errr, delayed reflexes???:o

PappyCain
09-08-08, 09:14 AM
Funny! I am in a dead is dead campaign and last night I ran into spotlights and crashed dived to 130 meters and ran silent. For 3 RT hours I maneuvered with burst of flank speed when the cans were tossed overhead. At one point I ran as far as I could from the circling destroyer ... I looked over to check batteries and see the officer at the plotting table with the "dry heaves" his head beating up and down like a cat with a fur ball. We eventually made it out of that jam with a damaged flak gun and bridge and returned to base. Dry heaves - funny stuff.

Murr44
09-08-08, 02:26 PM

Same thing happened to me a while ago. I approached an apparently unarmed small or coastal freighter when all these little water spouts start appearing. I "cheated" & used the external ship camera to see just what the hell was going. Sure enough, there was this one little guy with a Vickers machine gun blazing away at us!:o I kept our distance to about 2,000 meters & ordered my gun crew to target weapons. 3 or 4 shots was enough to silence the machine gunner. I didn't have the Q-ship mod installed, just "stock" GWX 2.1. From that time on I've been a little more cautious about approaching unarmed merchant vessels & I wonder if that was one of those "Easter Eggs" in GWX that I've heard about...:hmm:

Jimbuna
09-08-08, 04:23 PM

Same thing happened to me a while ago. I approached an apparently unarmed small or coastal freighter when all these little water spouts start appearing. I "cheated" & used the external ship camera to see just what the hell was going. Sure enough, there was this one little guy with a Vickers machine gun blazing away at us!:o I kept our distance to about 2,000 meters & ordered my gun crew to target weapons. 3 or 4 shots was enough to silence the machine gunner. I didn't have the Q-ship mod installed, just "stock" GWX 2.1. From that time on I've been a little more cautious about approaching unarmed merchant vessels & I wonder if that was one of those "Easter Eggs" in GWX that I've heard about...:hmm:

Definitely not a Q Ship....they have two 4.7" guns but no minor armament.

Murr44
09-09-08, 03:03 PM

Yes I know that it wasn't a Q-ship. Maybe I should have said that I had the Q-Ship mod installed but not enabled during that patrol.

Jimbuna
09-10-08, 05:24 AM

Yes I know that it wasn't a Q-ship. Maybe I should have said that I had the Q-Ship mod installed but not enabled during that patrol.

Rgr that matey...no prob. :up: