PDA

View Full Version : a beast within

neron
09-05-08, 11:41 PM
a few weeks ago i started to have problems with my computer,the graphics card to be exact.
i was a little bothered by this then it became worse,unplayable and i was EXTREMLEY BOTHERED by this

then my wife came to my rescue and agreed its time for me to get a new computer so i ordered a brand spanking new top of the range pc with all the bells and whistles
wined and dined the wife even bought her flowers as a thankyou
waited for several days for delivery each day becoming more and more excited

i noticed i was getting withdrawl symptoms at an early stage my wife and i hardly spoke for a couple of days
i was sitting around seemingly lost
then the big day arrived a knock at the door its here i shouted

plugged in all the wires and cables fired the baby up
NOTHING
what the **** i shouted picked up the phone,started getting the runaround right away (could feel my blood boiling) finaly after about two hours spoke to someone able to help "we will have to send an engineer out may take a few days"
four of the most miserable days i have had for years
the wife and i fell out big time fell out at work i was like a caged animal

then the engineer arrived fixed the problem in about 30 mins

quickly installed SH3 GWX 2.1 ect ect bloodly hell now im ok,back to my happy smiley self
the moral here is its only a game (OR IS IT)

P.S. appoligies for the length of this post but i needed to share this (therapy the wife says)

P.P.S.alls fine at home after alot of crawling

mcf1
09-05-08, 11:58 PM
Hi there neron.
Having a brand new pc which doesn't work, must be annoying right?
A friend of mine bought a pc a couple weeks ago, which was not working correctly, he brought it back to the shop 3 times until they decided to give him a new one.

Glad that you...:hmm: lets say 'survived' the waiting.
Good Hunting :arrgh!:

neron
09-06-08, 12:07 AM
thanks
it surprised me how bad i behaved like a child realy lol

nirwana
09-06-08, 03:50 AM
:yep: Thats a normal behavior...trust me. When at work sunday morning the cpu of the puter reserved for games melted at 120F i called my boss to get me a ride to compusa to grab a replacement. He and the ppl around me looked funny at me til i calmed down after it was up and running again.

Kipparikalle
09-06-08, 04:02 AM
Man, I totally felt same a week ago, when my computer decided to end its miserably life.

It took me a 2 weeks to get over it and calm down, although all the delays for the fixing it up made me almost insane.

Now its under repair, should only take only couple of days

Jimbuna
09-06-08, 11:16 AM
Man, I totally felt same a week ago, when my computer decided to end its miserably life.

It took me a 2 weeks to get over it and calm down, although all the delays for the fixing it up made me almost insane.

You should be up and running again.....by xmas :lol:

Kipparikalle
09-06-08, 03:42 PM

You should be up and running again.....by xmas :lol:
Counting on the Valve release time table, yes

Brag
09-06-08, 04:39 PM
Computers are addictive. SH3 is life.:dead: