PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to run from the disk?

BH
09-04-08, 02:02 PM
I searched but did not find the answer to the question but is it possible to run the game from the DVD without installing the whole game on the drive? I want to save drive space.

SteamWake
09-04-08, 02:42 PM
No.

tomoose
09-04-08, 03:17 PM
If you don't want to get another internal drive or simply don't have the space inside you might want to consider an external drive.

Zayphod
09-05-08, 11:18 AM
I searched but did not find the answer to the question but is it possible to run the game from the DVD without installing the whole game on the drive? I want to save drive space.

Longer version: No, and the reason why is that if you look at the disk itself, everything is compressed on the DVD disk. The program simply cannot be run from those compressed files.

As tomoose said, if space is running out, consider an external HD. These newfangled USB2 externals are a godsend for those running short on HD space.

Rockin Robbins
09-06-08, 11:59 AM
Short version. Yes, and it can be done legally!!!!!!!! (how many is that? 1..2..3..4..lotta exclamation points) You just put the DVD down on the ground and run away as quickly as you can. (buddda-boomp)

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa293/RockinRobbins13/smileys/where-am-i.gif

SteamWake
09-06-08, 01:22 PM
Short version. Yes, and it can be done legally!!!!!!!! (how many is that? 1..2..3..4..lotta exclamation points) You just put the DVD down on the ground and run away as quickly as you can. (buddda-boomp)

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa293/RockinRobbins13/smileys/where-am-i.gif

Yours losin it RR :rotfl:

Sailor Steve
09-06-08, 06:14 PM
What a stupid thing to say.

I just wish I'd thought of it first.:rock:

Ilpalazzo
09-07-08, 01:39 AM
HAH! I sat there for a few seconds wondering what just happened. Then I got it. I'm so dumb.