PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with main menu

Vergif
09-03-08, 05:03 PM
Hi,

I run windows vista ultimate 32 bit with bootcamp on a macbook pro 2.6 GHZ and a Nvidea 8800 GT.SHIII + GWX 2.1 and SH3 com everything worked fine then I left my pc alone for 2 days so nothing has changed. When i just started up SHIII the main screen went black I can see my mouse arrow which ghosts on the screen when i move it. I did a clean install and still got the same problem.Could it have been an update? Anyone out there that can help me?

Darksun
09-03-08, 08:09 PM
Isn't Macbook a natural enemy of Windows? I have seen the commercials. They say "PC" but I know the nerdy fat guy is really a stand in for Windows!

Seriously, sounds like a graphics driver issue. Double check you have the manf. best driver. Sometimes going back one driver helps. They fix stuff the latest hot game and break the "classics".

Vergif
09-05-08, 02:18 AM
Nah with bootcamp a Mac is windows his best friend ;)

But I think the problem lies in the fact that he need to adjust the resolution from 1900x1240 to whatever het highist resolution is on a SHIII with Gwx 2.1. Any idea's? I tried everything up till now.

danlisa
09-05-08, 08:02 AM
When i just started up SHIII the main screen went black I can see my mouse arrow which ghosts on the screen when i move it.

Here's the solution:

1) Start
2) All Programs
3) K-Lite Codec Pack
4) Configuration
5) Codec Tweak Tool
6) Disable the ffdshow filter

Dowly
09-05-08, 08:22 AM
FFDSHOW codec causes that like Danlisa said above. I've had it happen 2-3 times in the past and it's always gone away by disabling the FFDSHOW. :up:

Vergif
09-05-08, 08:43 AM
I'll try it tonight and hopefully i'm back in the Atlantic. Thanks a bunch guys.