PDA

View Full Version : What mod?

andym
09-03-08, 01:08 PM
Ok,scuse the stupid question but here goes.WHAT exactly is or does the GWX mod add to the vanilla game?Is it easy to install(ie self extracting)as i can barely wire a plug.

Also what do you reccomend for the best SH experience?

I have looked in the fporums but im just plain confused.

kylania
09-03-08, 01:18 PM
Yup, GWX has a nice install file, it does everything for you. As for what it adds... well, the manual is 556+ pages long!

Here's a VERY short list of what it adds:

http://www.thegreywolves.com/Features.htm

I'd highly suggest GWX 2.0 (+2.1 patch) to really enjoy Silent Hunter III. There's a lot of other options, but GWX really brings it all together for you nicely. It changes almost every aspect of the gameworld and gameplay.

The gameplay will be a lot more difficult compared to vanilla SH3. Realism and historical accuracy is the mod's goal and they do a great job for it.

Blacklight
09-03-08, 01:20 PM
Don't forget to get "Torpedo damage Final ver2.0" as well. This mod is a MUST have. :up:

get it here:
http://hosted.filefront.com/OceanBlue

andym
09-03-08, 01:59 PM
Its a lot clearer now.If i install GWX will i have to restart any careers already in progress on the Vanilla version?

bigboywooly
09-03-08, 02:34 PM
Yep
They wont work

andym
09-03-08, 03:42 PM
Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!!!!!:down: :down:

Mush Martin
09-03-08, 03:49 PM
its totally worth it.

Gwx supplanted its original platform as the bar
to be measured against for shiv.

M

StarLion45
09-03-08, 03:58 PM
:) I agree with the others!
The GWX2.0/2.1 with all the mods add-on, it's a
absolutely must have , you can't be without them:p
You 're maybe frustrated now because you must re-install it all ,
but it's worth it all , it's whole new world:yep:

Good Luck:sunny:

HuskerNlincoln
09-03-08, 04:06 PM
:) I agree with the others!
The GWX2.0/2.1 with all the mods add-on, it's a
absolutely must have , you can't be without them:p
You 're maybe frustrated now because you must re-install it all ,
but it's worth it all , it's whole new world:yep:

Good Luck:sunny:

I have played SH3 for years, I was extremely excited about SHIV, then I came to see all these amazing mods, and who cares about SHIV now, this has totally transformed the game.

My suggestion, reinstall, patch, install GWX 2.1, read about all the available mods, there is a posting on the first page about must have mods. Then defrag your system, compress your hard drive, defrag some more, take some time to get your video card set right, There are strings in the forum that will help.

Then when you are all set, clear out a couple hours, turn the lights off, the speakers up and enjoy. Try a few missions first, or if you like straight into a career,

I promise the first time you hear the sounds of the Uboat from inside, followed by the first attack on a poor freighter, and the amazing damage that occurs, explosions, people in the life rafts, the beauty of the water and sky, all the while listening to some great period music.

It will blow you away:rock:

Murr44
09-03-08, 05:41 PM
I would suggest downloading SH3 Commander too. It's an add-on that compliments GWX very well. SH3 Commander adds a lot of features to both the stock game & GWX. Available here: http://hosted.filefront.com/Wolfehunter/2238729.

CaptianT
09-03-08, 11:01 PM
Can someone tell me what software you use to read/install the GWX files? (I can't seem to install them by just clicking on them.)

Best regards.

Blacklight
09-03-08, 11:06 PM
Torpedo Damage Final should be integrated into GWX 2.1
It's a must have !! It's just not the same without blowing those huge gaping holes in the sides of the ships ! :D

bigboywooly
09-03-08, 11:14 PM
Can someone tell me what software you use to read/install the GWX files? (I can't seem to install them by just clicking on them.)

Best regards.

All 7 bin files and the exe ( 2.0 ) need to be in the same folder
Then run the exe

for 2.1 just run the exe ( after installing 2.0 ) :up:

bigboywooly
09-03-08, 11:15 PM
Torpedo Damage Final should be integrated into GWX 2.1
It's a must have !! It's just not the same without blowing those huge gaping holes in the sides of the ships ! :D

The only reason we didnt was the way the damage is show on player boats
Looks a bit OTT
But tis an easy addin

CaptianT
09-04-08, 08:14 AM
Thanks Bigboywooly for your help!