PDA

View Full Version : Any Ideas??? - CTD (FIXED: Mod related)

Nunya
09-02-08, 02:10 PM
I had just finished sinking a couple of ships and was continuing to patrol my PZ. At exactly 1700 (in-game time), the program decided to CTD. Luckily I had saved after sinking the ships, so I reloaded and.....1700....CTD. I reloaded again, deleted my waypoints and....1700....CTD.

I'm running TMO w/RSRD and a couple of minor mods. Haven't installed any new mods for quite awhile. I normally listen to the boat's radio of gramaphone, but didn't on the reloads.

The error message says the file having the problem is sounds.act.

I started a new career (wanted to anyway), and I had the same CTD...didn't notice the in-game time, though.

Does anybody have any ideas? If not, then I think I will re-install the game and the mods.

Arclight
09-02-08, 02:39 PM
Maybe the sounds.act file is corrupt. You could try overwriting it with a freshly downloaded one, or maybe you still have a rar/zip containing it somewhere. Maybe you will need to roll back and reapply the mods.:hmm:

In fact, just give rolling back and reapllying a go first. Who knows?

Orion2012
09-02-08, 03:04 PM
I had just finished sinking a couple of ships and was continuing to patrol my PZ. At exactly 1700 (in-game time), the program decided to CTD. Luckily I had saved after sinking the ships, so I reloaded and.....1700....CTD. I reloaded again, deleted my waypoints and....1700....CTD.

I'm running TMO w/RSRD and a couple of minor mods. Haven't installed any new mods for quite awhile. I normally listen to the boat's radio of gramaphone, but didn't on the reloads.

The error message says the file having the problem is sounds.act.

I started a new career (wanted to anyway), and I had the same CTD...didn't notice the in-game time, though.

Does anybody have any ideas? If not, then I think I will re-install the game and the mods.

Sound like a sound error involving a missing event in the radio.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=120510

Try running this program then relaunching the game as it will verify all events listed in the radio.ini are actually there..

Digital_Trucker
09-02-08, 05:15 PM
Orion's right. Even if you're not listening to the radio, a bad entry in the events.ini file for a radio station will kill the game at the time that event is supposed to play.

Whenever you have a CTD on the same date and at the same time repeatedly and you have radio mods installed, that's the first thing you should look at.

Orion2012
09-02-08, 08:31 PM
Orion's right. Even if you're not listening to the radio, a bad entry in the events.ini file for a radio station will kill the game at the time that event is supposed to play.

Whenever you have a CTD on the same date and at the same time repeatedly and you have radio mods installed, that's the first thing you should look at.

Who do you think I learned that from?? .:Looks Up:.

Nunya
09-03-08, 10:06 AM
Thanks guys. I do have radio station mods installed. I will uninstall them and see how it works.

Kloef
09-04-08, 07:30 AM
I wish this post was started earlier,i had the same problem and ended up deleting the savefile,in which i sunk 2 carriers......before i found out it had something to do with the radio mod.

So i deleted it,then removed the mods,loaded them back up again and it works,but i lost my precious 120.000 tons savefile......darnit:damn:

Time to start a new carreer,i'm in my 15th mission now,and i've been ordered to patrol the Barentz sea again...and again.....and again.....they are nice hunting grounds but maybe a little too busy as i sometimes get caught between a task force and a convoy,as soon as i attack either group i get ALL destroyers om my tail,from both convoy and task force...which is pretty exciting but timeconsuming..

Seminole
09-04-08, 07:48 AM
Thanks guys. I do have radio station mods installed. I will uninstall them and see how it works.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/images/icons/icon10.gif

Exactly why I never tried a second radio mod after I unstalled the first.

Did any ever come out that didn't cause ctds?

Digital_Trucker
09-04-08, 08:04 AM
Did any ever come out that didn't cause ctds?
Yep. Every one that's been checked with the Radio Station Manager before using;)

Slightly off topic, but this thread brings up a good point. We seriously need a troubleshooting thread (preferably a sticky). What I mean by that is a thread that, in the first post, lists common problems (CTDs at the same time repeatedly, black screen after intro movie, loss of deck gun crew, watch crew still on deck underwater, etc.) and the known solutions (or lack thereof) to the problem.

Seminole
09-04-08, 08:15 AM
:hmm: ...
I had forgotten all about the RSM..always meant to try it but never got around to doing it...radio never was a high priority for me..I prefer the grammaphone...

Someone should have reminded Nunya...:yep:

Hey pal..there is your solution... use radio station manager cleared radio mods should you want to keep a radio mod active ...

Nunya
09-04-08, 09:35 AM
Thanks for the help!!!. It was the radio station mod that was causing the problem. I disabled it, and I am back to sinking ships.

I like to listen to the radio/gramaphone to add some "atmosphere" to the game. I was not aware of the RSM mod, but I will be downloading it today.

Digital Trucker: I think the "sticky" of known "common" bugs is a great idea. However, still be prepared to cater to the occasional person that does not bother to read the sticky threads (like me sometimes).:oops:

Digital_Trucker
09-04-08, 03:31 PM
Digital Trucker: I think the "sticky" of known "common" bugs is a great idea. However, still be prepared to cater to the occasional person that does not bother to read the sticky threads (like me sometimes).:oops:
Hey, I have no problem with folks asking questions, even if the answer is in a sticky thread.:D I've missed a few sticky threads myself. Searching for answers sometimes doesn't lead to them. Asking usually does. But the troubleshooting sticky would make answering the questions so much easier, especially if detailed instructions regarding the solutions to the really tough ones were included.

SteamWake
09-04-08, 03:48 PM
Hey, I have no problem with folks asking questions, even if the answer is in a sticky thread.:D I've missed a few sticky threads myself. Searching for answers sometimes doesn't lead to them. Asking usually does. But the troubleshooting sticky would make answering the questions so much easier, especially if detailed instructions regarding the solutions to the really tough ones were included.

you mean like "How do I change difficulty settings in a Carrer?" :rotfl:

Digital_Trucker
09-04-08, 04:28 PM
you mean like "How do I change difficulty settings in a Carrer?" :rotfl:
Yep, that one would take up at least half of the page:lol:

Kloef
09-05-08, 12:23 PM
I like the idea of a troubleshooting faq sticky alot,who is going to run it?

A first post with all info and people posts being removed after editing them into the first,thats alot of work.

But its a good idea!

darkerbeats
09-09-08, 08:49 AM
Yeah, i had the same problem and downloaded RSM 1.2, but it says Radio.ini file not found?

Digital_Trucker
09-09-08, 10:30 AM
I like the idea of a troubleshooting faq sticky alot,who is going to run it?

A first post with all info and people posts being removed after editing them into the first,thats alot of work.

But its a good idea!
You know, maybe a better approach would be a downloadable troubleshooting PDF. I'll see if I can't gather as many troubleshooting solutions together and create something rough to start with. Then as things come up, they can be added and all that will need to be changed in the first post would be a link.

Darkerbeats, check your thread for the start to solving your RSM problem:up: