PDA

View Full Version : Curses! Officer stuck in bilge?

Sensekhmet
09-02-08, 09:22 AM
I decided to disregard my orders and steered my IXB to Gibraltar. It was all fun and games until I got spanked: a blindingly fast attack by an aircraft (with rockets?) wiped out all aboard, that being all flak and deck gunners, somehow my watch officer made it unscathed. Everything on the conning tower was blown clean off, no periscopes and no antennas. I high tailed it home, burying the crew at sea on the way.
But since then, my damage control officer dissapeared. I have a habit of putting an officer and a couple of sailors in the damage control team as a part of my routine operations at the start of every patrol.
The problem is, I still see his number in the barracks panel (officers: 5/5) and in SH3 Commander crew menu, but he's nowhere to be found, incuding his post! I can't see him in the crew panel and he sure as hell isn't performing his functions. I think he might've gotten scared of the attack, maybe he hid in the bilge and got stuck there :doh: As I can't see his icon, I cannot dissmiss him, and I can't promote him in SH3 Commander to get rid of him so he can get his own boat to hide in. Very annoying, started to roll back saves only to discover it doesn't help! I already lost 3 patrols (6 months or so) this way!
Help!

meduza
09-02-08, 10:21 AM
I never had such a problem, but remember seeing some discution on this subject. Try the following links, maybe you''ll find something helpfull.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?p=117555
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?p=847052

Sensekhmet
09-03-08, 02:07 AM
I solved it by editing crew files, upping the guy's experience and promoting him via SH3 Commander. That didn't solve it, though, I had to pin a medal to his chest to be able to send him off.

Jimbuna
09-03-08, 07:31 AM
In future, don't enlist the invisible man :lol:

Cezbor
09-03-08, 08:01 AM
unless you want to have a GHOST SHIP;)

Jimbuna
09-03-08, 08:36 AM
Spooky crew should be okay for night fighting ;)

Task Force
09-03-08, 03:02 PM
Maby it is the start of a new era of subs, Ghost subs. They can dive as deep as they want, dont get damaged by DCs, and shells go right through them.:yep:

Piggy
09-04-08, 11:25 AM
ARGH!!!

Had this happen to me last night, I did take some damage on the last patrol but I cant remember if I left the guy in the repair slot, guess I did.

One more thing to remember NOT to do.:roll:

However what was even more frustrating is I was gettting the CTD at the very end of loading thats being talked about in another thread (second time this has happened this week). Tried to reload that save twice, no luck. Went back to the previous save, no luck, went back one more, still no luck. So I had to reload the save from base, before patrol and thats when I noticed he was gone (which is odd because I swear he was there when I saved it???). Add in the extremely long loading times for GWX and Im looking at half an hour of just trying to into the damn game... considering everything else in real life was going wrong yesterday I nearly lost it here. :damn:

So I ended up going for walk and then starting a new career....

I'll try that fix and see if I can recover him.

Pisces
09-05-08, 05:28 PM
You lost a crewmember? I had a stowaway pop-up in the middel of my last patrol. I know for sure I left homeport with just enough crew so the crewquarters wouldn't overflow as the watchcrew went inside for diving. Then in mid patrol and all of a sudden (don't know why or what caused it) I had a spare sailor onboard. Great, one more mouth to feed while he's standing in the way. Enough stuff got screwed up in that patrol but no, his name wasn't Bernard Something. When I got back in port I turned him over again to KM Human Resources. Maybe they've got better usage for him elsewhere.