PDA

View Full Version : Deleting the old saves

meduza
09-01-08, 03:14 PM
Because of the CTD-after-reload bug I frequently save my game, which caused my saved game folder to reach 500MB after 17 patrols. At this rate, it will probably exceed 2GB at the end of career.

Would it be safe to delete the saved games from the previous patrols? I don't mean in game, but delete the actual .sav and other files from the folder. Would that cause any problems? :hmm:

Playing GWX 2.1 with SH3 Commander.

msalama
09-01-08, 03:26 PM
I've always manually deleted them right after a patrol without any problems whatsoever, so I think it should be OK for you as well :up:

Murr44
09-01-08, 03:28 PM
I remember deleting saved games from older patrols once when I was still playing the stock game & I wouldn't recommend doing it as it'll probably screw up your career progress.

Cezbor
09-02-08, 03:55 AM
It's possible, but I suggest not to delete after mission and before mission in base saves. You my lose some progress. With CTD's striking some times I highly recommend to leve those saves untouched:yep:

Jimbuna
09-02-08, 06:07 AM
There is a serious risk involved here because the game is intermittently quite unforgiving when it comes to manual deletion of files.

I have experienced instances when this kind of operation has worked and instances where it has failed.

You need to spin a coin and take the chance.....I hope it works for you :up:

meduza
09-02-08, 06:14 AM
Thanks for the advice!

I think I won't be taking a chance after all, I'll leave it as is.

Jimbuna
09-02-08, 04:02 PM
Thanks for the advice!

I think I won't be taking a chance after all, I'll leave it as is.

Best way mate....play safe http://www.psionguild.org/forums/images/smilies/wolfsmilies/thumbsup.gif

Gato76
09-04-08, 06:55 PM
Just open the SH3 folder in My documents and delete the old saves from there,Backup the folder before u change anything