PDA

View Full Version : Docked at Pearl depart from Brisbane

SteamWake
09-01-08, 09:19 AM
This is a weird one.

On my last patrol we dedided to try this newfangled radar mast while submerged thing.

Of course we got spotted and the bomber put one right down our throats. Just about every thing was damaged right down to the ice cream maker. Batteries were wrecked and could only take on 5 percent charge, fuel tanks were leaking, compartments flooding, what a bloody mess.

The crew did a great job of patching things up and somehow we managed to make it to Midway to fill the tanks. The fuel would immediatly leak out and leave me with 30 to reach pearl with which is enough.

Made it to Pearl breathed a sigh of relef, worked on the crew a bit, and started our next mission. Selected start outside harbor and were off.

Quick look at the map to set our course and.... What the hell ?! Im at Brisbane :hmm:

Yup docked at pearl woke up in Brisbane :roll:

mcf1
09-01-08, 09:28 AM
Something like that happened to me too, but the other way around.
I docked at Surabaya and 'woke up' in pearl, but in my case I think it's normal because that anchor icon doesn't appear at Surabaya.

banjo
09-01-08, 09:45 AM
Probably the war moved on while you were in port and you were transfered, sub and all.

MH
09-01-08, 10:04 AM
Philadelphia Experiment ?:ping:

mcf1
09-01-08, 10:12 AM
:rotfl: :rotfl:
I haven't thought about it. But why end up at pearl and not well positioned, close to a task force? :hmm:

Welcome aboard MH

Coolhand01
09-01-08, 11:37 AM
Because Hula girls can't dance on the water. Their grass skirts get waterlogged.:lol:....CH

Orion2012
09-01-08, 12:45 PM

My thoughts exactly.

SteamWake
09-01-08, 02:15 PM

Ah well maybe that explains their demise !
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=141585

Oh btw I figured it out... I was a tad anebriated and forgot that I had accepted the command of a new boat. Thats probably why. Though it told me not there was a transfer involved.

If I had known I would have stuck with the old boat. Hate sailing out of Brisbane.

peabody
09-01-08, 08:48 PM
Ah well maybe that explains their demise !
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=141585

Oh btw I figured it out... I was a tad anebriated and forgot that I had accepted the command of a new boat. Thats probably why. Though it told me not there was a transfer involved.

If I had known I would have stuck with the old boat. Hate sailing out of Brisbane.
I had that happen once, accepted a new boat and ended up in Brisbane. Usually I'm in Brisbane and end up in Pearl to get the new boat.
Peabody

Schani
09-22-08, 09:57 AM
I start in Cavite. But I'm leaving Pearl. I've had the game (Gold Edition) for a couple of weeks. So where am I going wrong? Also when in time compression (x64+) the crew still becomes fatigued? Again is this a problem. I thought this would belike SHIII. Any Ideas anyone?

SteamWake
09-22-08, 10:08 AM
I start in Cavite. But I'm leaving Pearl. I've had the game (Gold Edition) for a couple of weeks. So where am I going wrong? Also when in time compression (x64+) the crew still becomes fatigued? Again is this a problem. I thought this would belike SHIII. Any Ideas anyone?

As to the strange base change its just a part of the game :roll: it has to do with time more than anything else (year of the war 1941 vs 1943 etc)

The crew being fatigued.. have you called to general quarters and forget to cancel it?

Schani
09-22-08, 11:00 AM
I think from looking through different threads the base change maybe the class of sub. I was using a Gato-class. From what I've read they operated out of Pearl. So I'll try a different class of boat. The crew fatigue issue. I never called the crew to battlestations. I'll check and see if somehow battlestations was enabled without my knowledge.

Thanks for the help.

One other question since I'm at SHIV gold. In the newer sub classes how does the sonar operate? Seems to be automatic. Since the hydrophone dial no longer operates.

SteamWake
09-22-08, 11:20 AM
Since the hydrophone dial no longer operates.

Never had this problem... Home / end keys?

Are you looking at the active sonar perchance?

Schani
09-22-08, 11:33 AM
I'll have to check when I get home. I believe active, since I am getting sonar reports and readings on the map. I give the home/end keys a whirl.

Thanks

Schani
09-23-08, 07:43 AM
Steamwake,

Thanks for giving me direction on the technical questions. I'm satisfied and am in my first career; 1941 out of Cavite.

The home/end key was the fix for the sonar. Why the cursor doesn't work on newer classes seems odd. But that's minor.

Starting from a different port is caused by the class of boat used and though I haven't checked, probably also the year and theater of command.

Crew in time compression. It wasn't battlestations. I didn't think that was it. I checked that right away. It just isn't all that automatic. The computer does rotate the crew. Just not as rapidly as SH III. I always thought SH III Fatiqued the crew much to fast anyway. Seemed like every five minutes one had start rotating. Love the game. Hate the crew management. I think the SH IV is much better. But keep an eye on the TC just in case it drops to x8, which it does. Just needed to get the mechanics squared away.

I noticed yesterday on this site that there is refuelling. How does that work? How long, how close and where? Or is that a mod?

Do you have any mod suggestions or sites? I can't seem to get the green light tabs for the bottom menu commands to load or I have the wrong one.

I think that is it,

Thanks much,

Schani

SteamWake
09-23-08, 08:04 AM
Steamwake,

Thanks for giving me direction on the technical questions. I'm satisfied and am in my first career; 1941 out of Cavite.

The home/end key was the fix for the sonar. Why the cursor doesn't work on newer classes seems odd. But that's minor.

If you have a wheelie mouse the wheel works also :up:

Starting from a different port is caused by the class of boat used and though I haven't checked, probably also the year and theater of command.

Crew in time compression. It wasn't battlestations. I didn't think that was it. I checked that right away. It just isn't all that automatic. The computer does rotate the crew. Just not as rapidly as SH III. I always thought SH III Fatiqued the crew much to fast anyway. Seemed like every five minutes one had start rotating. Love the game. Hate the crew management. I think the SH IV is much better. But keep an eye on the TC just in case it drops to x8, which it does. Just needed to get the mechanics squared away.

You just need to get those boys whipped into shape. Dont worry about it to much SH4 does a decent job of crew rotation.

I noticed yesterday on this site that there is refuelling. How does that work? How long, how close and where? Or is that a mod?

If you have the add on uboat mission 1.5 later in the war (also for the Uboat campaign) tenders (milch cows) start to pop up here and there. But still if you run out of fuel and cannot reach one your out of luck. Also later in your carrer and the war 'support' units can be called upon but Ive never really got it to work worth a damn.

Do you have any mod suggestions or sites? I can't seem to get the green light tabs for the bottom menu commands to load or I have the wrong one.

There is so many mods I dont even begin to pretend to be an expert. Personally I like RFB (real fleet boat) others swear by TMO (trigger maru overhauled). Hell try em both /shrug.

As to installing mods I have 4 letters for you JSGME... go to the modding forum and do a little research. Once you have it set up installing is literally as easy as selecting a mod and clicking a few buttons. Better yet un-installing is just as easy. Though you do have to be careful as to what order you install and what mods will work with others.

I think that is it,

Thanks much,

Schani

Glad we could help :rock:

Schani
09-23-08, 08:23 AM
Thanks again SteamWake.

Yes I have the wheelie.

And a couple of final questions.

I guess there are some Tab/Shift key commands not listed in the manual. Do you know of these or which thread they'd be located?

Also, I like the prose in the game introduction. Do you know the verse or where to find it?

Later,

Schani

SteamWake
09-23-08, 08:55 AM
Tab/Shift keys..... no idea

The 'prose' here -> http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=109872

Schani
09-23-08, 09:16 AM
I'll look around for the key commands.

Thanks for the thread.

Have a great day,

Schani