PDA

View Full Version : Would you believe it?? There's a Left-handers day!

Hitman
08-29-08, 02:50 PM
LOL looking for something entirely different I stumbled upon this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Left_handed

Looks like there is an "international day of" for left-handers :huh:

Me I'm left-footed and mostly ambidextrous, but have more strength in left arm, so I play snooker, ping-pong, tennis and most sports with left hand. I also shoot as left handed with the gun. However, despite being able to write with my left hand, I prefer to write with the right one for obvious easyness.

Any one else is left-handed here?

AntEater
08-29-08, 03:30 PM
I'm left handed, too
I have two left hands
:rotfl:

Foxtrot
08-29-08, 04:01 PM
aye, left hand is the best friend during self-pleasure time for some people

VipertheSniper
08-29-08, 05:17 PM
I'm a left-hander too... funny enough I use knife and fork like a right-hander, and although my mouse is to the left of my keyboard I use the right-hander button setup.

Thomen
08-29-08, 05:18 PM
I'm a left-hander too... funny enough I use knife and fork like a right-hander, and although my mouse is to the left of my keyboard I use the right-hander button setup.

Same here! :up:

UnderseaLcpl
08-29-08, 06:39 PM
God made one in nine people exceptional. The rest he made right-handed.:D

Lefties FTW!

VipertheSniper
08-29-08, 06:54 PM
:nope: :nope: :nope:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

UnderseaLcpl
08-29-08, 08:16 PM
God made some people so dull that he said "what the heck, let's give 'em at least sumtin' fancy", and he made them left-handers :smug:

Ha! The right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, so only left-handed people are in their right minds!:D

Digital_Trucker
08-29-08, 08:21 PM
Ha! The right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, so only left-handed people are in their right minds!:D

Wait a minute, if that's true, neither one of my hands should work:hmm:

UnderseaLcpl
08-29-08, 08:34 PM

Since they obviously do work, the only logical conclusion is that neither side of your brain works;)

Digital_Trucker
08-29-08, 08:45 PM
Since they obviously do work, the only logical conclusion is that neither side of your brain works;)

Now I'm really confused. That's what I was saying to begin with, but for the opposite reason:D And how do you know I'm using my hands to type?:rotfl:

UnderseaLcpl
08-29-08, 09:09 PM

Now I'm really confused. That's what I was saying to begin with, but for the opposite reason:D And how do you know I'm using my hands to type?:rotfl:

1) Crap.:damn: In my haste to think up a witty retort to what I percieved as another attack on lefties, I din't take the time to really comprehend what you were saying. I need the "FAIL" stamp on my forehead.

2) Must...not....conjure....worst possible....mental...image..... Damnit!
Double Fail.

Platapus
08-30-08, 07:58 AM
I am right handed but extremely "left eyed" so I shoot rifles left handed.

Anyone else "opposite eyed?"

antikristuseke
08-30-08, 08:13 AM
Im ambidexterous, exept i cant write with either of my hands, my handwriting is unintelligeble

mcf1
08-30-08, 01:20 PM
I'm ambidextrous and both of my brothers are left handed.
Also I'm left eye dominant, so I have to shoot from the left side, that's annoying because left handed weapons are difficult to find and are pretty expensive here in Greece.
I am used to write with the right hand because when I was 6 I used the left hand and the children at school made fun of me for being left handed so I started using the right hand. In boxing I use both hands but mostly the right.
And in football or kick boxing I use both legs to kick, but the left is stronger.

RickC Sniper
08-30-08, 01:37 PM
I am right handed but extremely "left eyed" so I shoot rifles left handed.

Anyone else "opposite eyed?"

I am.

I'm left handed in every other way but because I'm right eye dominant I shoot, golf, swing a baseball bat etc all right handed.

All works quite well except shooting a handgun. I want to hold it with my left hand but sight with my right eye......which is not good.

I went to an elementary school where our teachers were nuns, and they tried until the 3rd grade to "make" me right handed. Apparantly they felt it put me at a disadvantage being a lefty.

Task Force
08-30-08, 01:48 PM
They will make a day for everything, Myself Im more right handed then left, But I can wright with both.;) woo hoo 400th post.

FIREWALL
08-30-08, 02:51 PM
I have two left feet. Doe's that count ? :p

Hitman
08-30-08, 03:06 PM
In boxing I use both hands but mostly the right.
And in football or kick boxing I use both legs to kick, but the left is stronger.

I learned to box as right handed because I had no difficulty and the teacher was right-handed and felt he could not teach well left-haders techiniques. As a result, I have a softer right punch but a really frightening powerful and fast left hand swing and jab. People who have boxed with me were at first scared because they though "My God, if this is what he does with his left hand, I don't want to know what will happen when he shoots with the right one " :lol:, but in fact the right hand was softer. After some years of boxing I perfected the technique as left handed and usually switched frequently to confuse the oponent.