PDA

View Full Version : Supply Ships

Von Brutton
08-29-08, 09:07 AM
So, here I am moored next to a supply ship outside of Las Palmas. How do I resupply?

Murr44
08-29-08, 09:14 AM
There's a section in the GWX manual regarding resupply. I believe that you just "dock" & exit the game as if you were at your home base. When you restart I think (could be wrong) that your fuel & ammunition will be topped up.

nirwana
08-29-08, 09:15 AM
Same way u end a patrol at ure homeport hit ESC etc.

Jimbuna
08-29-08, 09:34 AM
You can do everything as if you were at your home port apart from upgrading your boat.

Your stay is one day plus ane extra day for each % point of damage (if you have any) http://www.psionguild.org/forums/images/smilies/wolfsmilies/pirate.gif

Stingray67
08-29-08, 09:53 AM
Your stay is one day plus ane extra day for each % point of damage (if you have any)
Ah, that explains a lot. I docked with U-488 mid-July and stayed until Sept 8.
I can just imagine how fun that would have been IRL. :-)

Jimbuna
08-29-08, 10:36 AM
Your stay is one day plus ane extra day for each % point of damage (if you have any)
Ah, that explains a lot. I docked with U-488 mid-July and stayed until Sept 8.
I can just imagine how fun that would have been IRL. :-)

if your boat had sustained damage whilst out on patrol, that would be why http://www.psionguild.org/forums/images/smilies/wolfsmilies/pirate.gif

Von Brutton
08-29-08, 11:57 AM
Thank you gentlemen.

Pisces
08-29-08, 03:08 PM
Is it also save to change mods after docking at supply ship/milchcows? Or does one realy have to be in homeport for that?

nirwana
08-29-08, 04:03 PM
Just to be on the safe side u need to use sh3commander to make sure u only spend 1-2 days not the regular shoreleave break like in ure homebase.

Stingray67
08-30-08, 03:16 AM
Just to be on the safe side u need to use sh3commander to make sure u only spend 1-2 days not the regular shoreleave break like in ure homebase.
Well, yes. IF you know that you will dock at a supplyship/milk cow AND you are pretty sure that you will have damage. (The last maybe a gimme later in the war ;))
I don't have enough faith in the save function to save and exit just to change SH3 and then reload. My crew wouldn't be happy spending all of one day in Lorient for shore leave either.

nirwana
08-30-08, 03:30 AM
U must not quit the game and change shoreleave in sh3com. It automaticly detects that u are not docked in a harbor and set it to 1/2 days regarless of ure setting in sh3com. So in other words if u use sh3com to launch the game u have no choice.

Stingray67
08-30-08, 04:10 AM
OK, I am officially confused.

I use "randomise number of days spent in base"
I understand that to mean that I will spend a random number of days in shore base and only one day when docked with a supply ship/milk cow ASSUMING I am not damaged. If damaged it will add a number of days to the days spent in base. I assume this latter applies no matter what kind of base I am in.

I take Jimbunas reply to mean that days for damage will always be added to days between patrols.

Excuse me if I am dense but how do I configure it so I will spend a random number of days adjusted for damage in a U-boat base but only one day unadjusted for damage when docked at a supply ship/milk cow?

nirwana
08-30-08, 04:45 AM
Here is the section from the manual of sh3com that describes this feature:

2.6.0 (6 Jul 2006)
Added ability to recognise when docked at a milk cow or other friendly base and automatically adjust the number of days spent in base to 1 (plus any extra days required to repair damage)

Jimbuna
08-30-08, 05:30 AM
OK, I am officially confused.

I use "randomise number of days spent in base"
I understand that to mean that I will spend a random number of days in shore base and only one day when docked with a supply ship/milk cow ASSUMING I am not damaged. If damaged it will add a number of days to the days spent in base. I assume this latter applies no matter what kind of base I am in.

I take Jimbunas reply to mean that days for damage will always be added to days between patrols.

Excuse me if I am dense but how do I configure it so I will spend a random number of days adjusted for damage in a U-boat base but only one day unadjusted for damage when docked at a supply ship/milk cow?

You can set your number of days in base between patrols or randomise it (via the options section of Commander).

Either way, each % point of damage will add an additional day to your stay.

I do not believe this is possible.

As nirwana has rightly pointed out....the differentiation between home base and supply vessel is made automatically for you by the programme.

nirwana
08-30-08, 06:05 AM
"Either way, each % point of damage will add an additional day to your stay."

@ jimbuna ure a great source of insider knowledge :yep:

Stingray67
08-30-08, 07:59 AM
Yeah, that was news to me. I have read the SH3 manual but had missed that part in the version history. I don't really see that a milk cow will replace my periscope and starboard diesel, but I will roll with it. :)

Thanks both of you for clearing up my sometimes muddled mind. :up:

Sailor Steve
08-30-08, 08:13 AM
The sad news is that it repairs any but the most basic damage at all. A surface supply ship might or might not have the equipment for major repairs, but how much time are you going to sit there and wait for it. The more likely scenario would be to make enough minor repairs to get you home, and call it a patrol.

Jimbuna
08-30-08, 09:16 AM
Yeah, that was news to me. I have read the SH3 manual but had missed that part in the version history. I don't really see that a milk cow will replace my periscope and starboard diesel, but I will roll with it. :)

Thanks both of you for clearing up my sometimes muddled mind. :up:

@nirwana and Stingray67

Limitations imposed upon us by the game engine I'm afraid and I suppose never to be remedied now that the Grwy Wolves are moving over to the SH4 game engine.....unless someone else is prepared to look at cracking it http://www.psionguild.org/forums/images/smilies/wolfsmilies/pirate.gif

Stingray67
08-30-08, 11:00 AM
Limitations imposed upon us by the game engine I'm afraid and I suppose never to be remedied now that the Grwy Wolves are moving over to the SH4 game engine.....unless someone else is prepared to look at cracking it
SH4 doesn't rub me the way SH3 does so I am a little sad to see the GWX team move on. Having said that I am awestruck by what they have accomplished for SH3. Better be grateful for what they have done than to cry for what is not going to be.

SH3 with GWX 2.1 is the most addictive and stimulating gaming experience of my life.

That's nothing to be dissappointed about :D

Jimbuna
08-30-08, 11:12 AM
Limitations imposed upon us by the game engine I'm afraid and I suppose never to be remedied now that the Grwy Wolves are moving over to the SH4 game engine.....unless someone else is prepared to look at cracking it
SH4 doesn't rub me the way SH3 does so I am a little sad to see the GWX team move on. Having said that I am awestruck by what they have accomplished for SH3. Better be grateful for what they have done than to cry for what is not going to be.

SH3 with GWX 2.1 is the most addictive and stimulating gaming experience of my life.

That's nothing to be dissappointed about :D

Kind words mate....I'll pass them on at The Lair where I'm sure everyone will appreciate them http://www.psionguild.org/forums/images/smilies/wolfsmilies/pirate.gif

Brag
08-30-08, 04:57 PM
When you dock to a supply ship ins Spanish harbours:

Unless you are in Spain and have access to fresh sardines, get a can of Portuguese sardines, a bottle of wine, a baguette, some goat cheese, celebrate and enjoy :D