PDA

View Full Version : Consensual sex

Von Tonner
08-28-08, 06:18 AM
Our constitutional court is to hear argument today that the age of same-sex sexual relations be brought down from 19 years of age to 16 years of age which is the present legal age limit for hetrosexual sexual relations.

This has been brought about by a court of appeal in which a 20 year old male had a sexual relationship with an 18 year old male and was charged with rape and convicted.

I can see the logic behind the higher age limit and personally, I would argue it be higher - but what is it in other countries?

antikristuseke
08-28-08, 06:40 AM
Here the age of concent is 14, regardless of the sex of the people involved. Personaly I think 14 is a bit too low and 16 would be more apropriate.

Skybird
08-28-08, 06:47 AM
20...? That is excessive, I think. How is the tolerance and obedience regarding that law - does anyone know for sure...? :lol:

After all, it is just a human need.

In Germany, sex is allowed when you are 14, with a partner age 14 or 15 .

When you are 16, you are allowed to have sex with a partner of age 16, 17, 18 or older.

When you are 18 or older, you may have consensual sex with a 16 or 17 year old, but not with a 14 or 15 year old, or even younger ones.

The law knows restriction for sexual practices only with regard to animal protection laws (! :lol: ). Means: sex with animals is a no go over here. status of relationship (married, unmmarried) as well as form of consensual pratices are not adressed by laws. Abuse of children (age limits 14 and 16 as described above), non-consensual sex and non-consensual practices obviously are forbidden.

mrbeast
08-28-08, 07:36 AM
Our constitutional court is to hear argument today that the age of same-sex sexual relations be brought down from 19 years of age to 16 years of age which is the present legal age limit for hetrosexual sexual relations.

This has been brought about by a court of appeal in which a 20 year old male had a sexual relationship with an 18 year old male and was charged with rape and convicted.

I can see the logic behind the higher age limit and personally, I would argue it be higher - but what is it in other countries?

Personally I can see no logic in having a higher age of consent for Homosexual sex than Hetrosexual sex. If a 16 year old is deemed physically and mentally mature enough to have straight sex than why should a gay 16 year old have to wait another couple of years?

Letum
08-28-08, 07:48 AM
There used to be a higher age of consent in the UK, but after a study into the need
for it, it was abandoned in 2003.

Carotio
08-28-08, 08:16 AM

Personally I can see no logic in having a higher age of consent for Homosexual sex than Hetrosexual sex. If a 16 year old is deemed physically and mentally mature enough to have straight sex than why should a gay 16 year old have to wait another couple of years?

Exactly. He/she would probably do it anyway, but maybe in a more risky way. Equal rights for hetero and homo seems nothing but fair.

In Denmark the age limit is 15.
Though, theoretically a 85-year-old person may have sex with a 15-year-old, it's of course not well accepted. We recently had a case, when a 35-year-old male politician had sex with a 15-year-old girl, which he met as guest at a party for the political youth of his party. It wasn't such a wise move to do for him, but by law he didn't do anything wrong.
Something like what Skybird wrote about limits in Germany have been discussed as well, but they remain discussions whether to limit the age differences, which would only seem normal.

conus00
08-28-08, 10:04 AM
It's 15 where I came from (Czech Republic). I do believe that the lowest age in the world is 14 (in Holland) but I might be wrong. I'd say 15-16 sounds about right to me.

AntEater
08-28-08, 11:00 AM
16 in Germany, both for heterosexual and homosexual relations.
There is no legal difference between both in german criminal law, ever since § 175 (which banned homosexual relations) was abolished in the 1960s or 70s.
Relationships can be criminalized when somebody has sex with a person under his custody.
Consentual sex with persons betwen 16 and 18 is not legal when a custodiary, educational or other such relation is there, like teacher-pupil relationships.
Interestingly, sex in the military is not as legally complicated as it is in the US.
In civil law, however, there is a huge difference between homosexual and heterosexual relations. Marriage is regulated in civil law code BGB while gay "marriage" is regulated in a new seperate "life partnership law".
Adoption is more complicated for "life partnerships" than for married couples.
Inheritance, legal succession and such are about equal, though

Funny is, until about 1970s or so we had a paragraph banning "coupling". Meaning you could go to jail if you gave an unmarried couple the opportunity to have sex by renting them a hotel room or so.
:rotfl:

SimNut
08-28-08, 11:57 AM
The first time I had sex I was alone. How old must you be to have sex with yourself? Is it considered consensual?

Carotio
08-28-08, 12:15 PM
The first time I had sex I was alone. How old must you be to have sex with yourself? Is it considered consensual?

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

:up:

Kapitan
08-28-08, 12:30 PM
Most people in my country live by the rule "if there is grass on the pitch play on" thats judging by the number of under age mums around here and not me personally im happily single.

Zayphod
08-28-08, 02:03 PM

Personally, I think all consent should be locked in at 18. Period.
If you're old enough to join the military at that age, you should be
old enough to know what ELSE you're doing, too....male OR female
(and WHO you're doing it with, too).

Just my 2˘

conus00
08-28-08, 02:08 PM

Just my 2˘

Just out of curiosity: How many people around you you know waited (or are willing to wait) to have a sex until they are 18? Give me an honest answer...

Furthermore I believe that "drinking age" in the US should be 18. 21 is ridiculous!

Zayphod
08-28-08, 02:09 PM

When you are 16, you are allowed to have sex with a partner of age 16, 17, 18 or older.

When you are 18 or older, you may have consensual sex with a 16 or 17 year old, but not with a 14 or 15 year old, or even younger ones.

I have a hard time with the logic behind that. Sex with 14 to a 14, but not a 16 to a 14. Sheesh. You need a spreadsheet to keep track of all those details. :hmm:

The law knows restriction for sexual practices only with regard to animal protection laws (! :lol: ). Means: sex with animals is a no go over here.

But what if the animal consents? And what if it's with a rabid Tasmanian Devil? In August? :rotfl:

Skybird
08-28-08, 02:16 PM

I have a hard time with the logic behind that. Sex with 14 to a 14, but not a 16 to a 14. Sheesh. You need a spreadsheet to keep track of all those details. :hmm:

Not really, it makes even a lot of sense. In those years, social perceptions and sense of responsibility changes drastically and quickly with young humans. The olde rone is being held repsonsible for not abusing the social inexperience of the younger one. On the other hand, the difference between 14 and 16, and 16 and 18 may be both two years, but in psychological quality, there are differences between these ages. You cannot prevent nowadays that young ones of age 14 or 15 discover interest in each other, on the other hand you want to prevent that the older one takes unfair advnatge of the younger ones. Thus, the grading of ages.

Hope i made myself clear, I was fighting with terms and language a bit.

Zayphod
08-28-08, 02:19 PM

Just my 2˘

Just out of curiosity: How many people around you you know waited (or are willing to wait) to have a sex until they are 18? Give me an honest answer...

Furthermore I believe that "drinking age" in the US should be 18. 21 is ridiculous!

To answer your question, hardly anyone waits until they're legal now-a-days. Still, one must set a standard somewhere. 18 is the legal age of consent in the US (at least, most of the US, anyway). It's also the age where you can legally sign a contract as well (meaning the contract you sign when one joins the military, and therefore any other kind of contract as well).

As far as the drinking age issue is concerned, here, it should be 21 and kept there - lots of these kids just can't hold their liquor. It was raised, I believe, due to the huge number of alcohol-related deaths among that age group (car accidents, etc). Once raised, those deaths went down in numbers. Now, being realistic, of course, I doubt anyone actually WAITS until they're 21 to start drinking, but one must set a standard on something somewhere along the way.

Of course, if one is in the military, an automatic exemption should be put into place. If you're old enough to vote and kill, you're old enough to drink the blood, gore and guts out of your brain.

Yeah, I know - double standard. Then again, the average 19 year old doesn't go around killing people for real in a war.

Zayphod
08-28-08, 02:22 PM

Not really, it makes even a lot of sense. In those years, social perceptions and sense of responsibility changes drastically and quickly with young humans. The olde rone is being held repsonsible for not abusing the social inexperience of the younger one. On the other hand, the difference between 14 and 16, and 16 and 18 may be both two years, but in psychological quality, there are differences between these ages. You cannot prevent nowadays that young ones of age 14 or 15 discover interest in each other, on the other hand you want to prevent that the older one takes unfair advnatge of the younger ones. Thus, the grading of ages.

Hope i made myself clear, I was fighting with terms and language a bit.

No, I think you explained it pretty well. Just seems like a ton of if/and/or things thrown into the programming there, makes it a little confusing, but your explaining clears up the 'why' pretty well. Thanks.

Platapus
08-28-08, 04:33 PM

That seems to be a much more sensible way of defining the law than just one age statement.

jpm1
08-28-08, 06:54 PM
Since the relation is consensual i don't understand what justice comes to do out there . i can quote my personal experience my first time with a girl i was 13 she was 19 , now 21 years later i don't see in what this could have harmed me of any manner whatsoever , the only thing i can take out of it is something gratifying being to go out with a girl of this age is something gratifying . if it was here she would be in jail and maybe me too for me it's like you're saying there's an extraterrestrial invasion happening now on earth . we should apply the "Salomon's law" as i'm not absolutly sure concerning the age we should put let's say to be sure 14 years old but for me we could even go to 12 years old and then for lower years old cases study case by case maybe the good age could be the age a girl can give birth without risks

Monica Lewinsky
08-28-08, 07:25 PM
i can quote my personal experience my first time with a girl i was 13 she was 19 , now 21 years later i don't see in what this could have harmed me of any manner whatsoever

Have a Glass of Wine on Me:

http://learnabit.homeserver.com/lab/wine-opener.wmv

NealT
08-28-08, 09:55 PM
I would prefer the cork myself...

:rotfl::rotfl:

Sailor Steve
08-28-08, 11:50 PM
The 'Age of Consent' laws I'm used to are complicated and simple at the same time. Age of Consent is 18, with a two-year leeway. If a 19-year-old has sex with a 17-year old it's okay. If a 20-year-old has sex with a 17-year-old it's not. That said, a friend of mine was briefly in a relationship with a 16-year-old girl, and got away with it. Why? Her mother gave permission - thought it would settle her down.

I was twenty; my fiance was eighteen. In fact I would have waited until we were married, even if that was another four or five years. I teased her that by California law at that time she could be tried for statutory rape, since the age of consent was 18 for women but 21 for men.

After we broke up I waited until I did get married, at age twenty-four.

bookworm_020
08-29-08, 01:07 AM
16 is the age here in New South Wales, but it differs in each state of Australia. Most have the same age, but a couple are different.

jpm1
08-29-08, 01:18 AM
The 'Age of Consent' laws I'm used to are complicated and simple at the same time. Age of Consent is 18, with a two-year leeway. If a 19-year-old has sex with a 17-year old it's okay. If a 20-year-old has sex with a 17-year-old it's not. That said, a friend of mine was briefly in a relationship with a 16-year-old girl, and got away with it. Why? Her mother gave permission - thought it would settle her down.

I was twenty; my fiance was eighteen. In fact I would have waited until we were married, even if that was another four or five years. I teased her that by California law at that time she could be tried for statutory rape, since the age of consent was 18 for women but 21 for men.

After we broke up I waited until I did get married, at age twenty-four.

i prezise i'm not partisan of doing it at anytime with several different persons for me to have a stable couple by stable i mean one partner at a time and keep her the longer possible for me to have a stable couple it's very important but here i was talking of discovering its sexuality for me to prevent somebody from discovering its sexuality it's something very bad which can lead to serious psycological disorders

Sailor Steve
08-29-08, 07:18 AM
Well, since I'm a walking 'severe psychological disorder' I can't argue one way or the other.

Digital_Trucker
08-29-08, 07:34 AM
i prezise i'm not partisan of doing it at anytime with several different persons for me to have a stable couple by stable i mean one partner at a time and keep her the longer possible for me to have a stable couple it's very important but here i was talking of discovering its sexuality for me to prevent somebody from discovering its sexuality it's something very bad which can lead to serious psycological disorders
Discovering your sexuality and exercising it (no laughing:D) are two distinctly different things. Abstinence causes "serious psychological disorders"? I'd like to see some scientific study on that one. Of course, that would be difficult to do since it is increasingly difficult to find anyone who did/does. If a child develops at an early age (let's say 10) this means that they should "discover" their sexuality by using it? And by not using it, they are causing themselves harm? :hmm: Me thinks not.

Jimbuna
08-29-08, 08:13 AM
In the UK it is 16 in most cases (people with profound learning difficulties are never deemed able to be able to give consent).

A few details some of you may find of interest.

Age of consent (depending on gender).

13 years of age: Spain, S. Korea, Nigeria, Japan, Cyprus.

12 years of age: Phillipines, Mexico, Angola.

jpm1
08-29-08, 06:17 PM
Discovering your sexuality and exercising it (no laughing:D) are two distinctly different things. Abstinence causes "serious psychological disorders"? I'd like to see some scientific study on that one. Of course, that would be difficult to do since it is increasingly difficult to find anyone who did/does. If a child develops at an early age (let's say 10) this means that they should "discover" their sexuality by using it? And by not using it, they are causing themselves harm? :hmm: Me thinks not.

i said 14 or 12 not 10 and i also said i wasn't sure on the age ;) if the girl enjoys the thing as much as the guy i mean where's the problem . i insist again i'm not an ultraliberal sexuality partisan neither

Digital_Trucker
08-29-08, 06:32 PM
i insist again i'm not an ultraliberal sexuality partisan neither
I honestly believe that you aren't one of those:D My difference in opinion with you was regarding the "psychological harm" that would result from a young person abstaining from sex. You see no harm from children becoming sexually active before they realize fully what the results can be. In an age where (and I hesitate to even bring up the subject) abortion is an "acceptable" form of birth control (in some folks eyes, certainly not mine) the fact that sex causes children doesn't enter into the equation. A 12 or 14 year old is not old enough (no matter how sexually mature they are) to make decisions that would be necessary should a pregnancy result. You say that there is no harm if the girl enjoys it, too, but what of that same girl who has to make a choice between being a child raising a child, carrying the child and giving it up for adoption or an abortion? No matter what choice she makes there is bound to be mental anguish.

Digital_Trucker
08-29-08, 06:55 PM
Hey DT, girls usually talk to their mom about these things :D I've known young girls of 13/14 who were taking the pill (is that correct ?). Lots of girls are having their periods as early as 12/13. That's where education gets in IMO, a mother (or even father) must talk about sex with her daughter, not doing so is more irresponsible than letting 13/14yo teens have sex. As you said at that age you tend not to worry much about consequences, so it's up to the parents to explain things.

I never meant that kids shouldn't discuss it, just that condoning sexual activity at that young an age is not something I can agree with. As for the pill, we all know that it's not 100% effective. Only two forms of birth control are 100% effective. I happen to think that one of them is wrong and the other is difficult to practice:D

Frame57
08-30-08, 12:55 AM

Personally I can see no logic in having a higher age of consent for Homosexual sex than Hetrosexual sex. If a 16 year old is deemed physically and mentally mature enough to have straight sex than why should a gay 16 year old have to wait another couple of years?because their bungholes are too tight and they could suffer anal fissures for life.

Wolfehunter
08-30-08, 01:52 PM
Problem with laws is they will be broken. Problem with kid is they never lissen.
Problem with parent is how do you help you child understand conscequence?

Do you beat them?
Do you locked them?
Do you educate them?
Do you help?
So-on.

This is an issue between my wife an I. We both agree to have our daughter ready at the age just incase she wants to explore. I want my daughter to feel safe when she thinks shes ready and make the right decision when the oppertunity comes. We don't want her to go behind our backs and make a mistake and when all hell breaks loose she has no one to turn to. Worse case scenario I and my wife don't want to find her in a ditch dead.

Personally when those days come I will never get used to the idea of her exploring. But I rather her be save and ready so she can make the right choice.

Hard to saw what the end result will turn up but I hope for the better than the worse.

For laws... I never agree to them... They don't work for better or worse. :nope:

Philipp_Thomsen
08-30-08, 05:31 PM
Well... put the girl sitting on a chair: If her feet reaches the floor, than it's ok.

If not, cut down some inches of the chair's feets... :lol:

seaniam81
08-31-08, 12:18 PM
Here in canada we just raised our age of consent to 16, it used to be 14. So an 40 year old can have sex with a 16 year old. Of course it is frowned upon. However there is a loop hole that says a 14 year old can have sex with a person 5 years older. So basicly a 19 year old can have sex with a 14 year old and isn't breaking the law. But a 20 year old would be.

Jimbuna
08-31-08, 12:45 PM
Well... put the girl sitting on a chair: If her feet reaches the floor, than it's ok.

If not, cut down some inches of the chair's feets... :lol:

You come into my neck of the woods saying something like that and I know who aint gonna be laughing.

I guess I'd just best be grateful my 15 year old is tall for her age. :hmm:

Frame57
08-31-08, 01:33 PM
I survived the parents nightmare in the following fashion: Horny boy wants to date my daughter. He meets the parents. I take horny boy outside for a brief chat. I put my arm around him to comfort his nerves and gently tell him that if he impregnates my daughter or gives her a disease i will cut of his balls with a dull knife and I mean it. Horny boy assures me that will never happen.

Two days later horny boys dad calls me on the phone and calls me every name in the book and threatens me legally for threatening his boy. I ask him how would he like to have the responsibility of having an unwanted, unplanned Grandkid? He began to reason with it and came to his senses. But I figure why let him off the hook as well. So I also told him that if his son slips up I meant what I said and further more will see to it that both he and his son sing soprano for life.

Years later horny boy has become my son-in-law. He still remembers vividly our first encounter and claims he will use it himself when the day comes. My in-laws think I am too un-cultered and am somewhat a caveman because of my views, but I think kids need to have a reality check on the responsibilites that come with life and that sex can and does require responsibilty or else it can literally ruin someones life.:yep:

Jimbuna
08-31-08, 02:43 PM
I survived the parents nightmare in the following fashion: Horny boy wants to date my daughter. He meets the parents. I take horny boy outside for a brief chat. I put my arm around him to comfort his nerves and gently tell him that if he impregnates my daughter or gives her a disease i will cut of his balls with a dull knife and I mean it. Horny boy assures me that will never happen.

Two days later horny boys dad calls me on the phone and calls me every name in the book and threatens me legally for threatening his boy. I ask him how would he like to have the responsibility of having an unwanted, unplanned Grandkid? He began to reason with it and came to his senses. But I figure why let him off the hook as well. So I also told him that if his son slips up I meant what I said and further more will see to it that both he and his son sing soprano for life.

Years later horny boy has become my son-in-law. He still remembers vividly our first encounter and claims he will use it himself when the day comes. My in-laws think I am too un-cultered and am somewhat a caveman because of my views, but I think kids need to have a reality check on the responsibilites that come with life and that sex can and does require responsibilty or else it can literally ruin someones life.:yep:

Full agreement there http://www.psionguild.org/forums/images/smilies/wolfsmilies/thumbsup.gif

Tell horny boy it's much safer (for him) if he just uses it to pee with (proir to marriage of course) http://www.psionguild.org/forums/images/smilies/wolfsmilies/whistle.gif

baggygreen
08-31-08, 09:16 PM
I was a ripe old 21 when I threw the V plates away, my fiancee was 17, and im her 3rd partner.

My little sister we suspect was about 14.

in the ACT theres all sorts of discussion about the age of consent, our government likes to pander to all sorts of minority groups so I believe they're looking to lower the age of homosexual consent (i believe its different between men and women:doh: ) while simultaneously raising the age of hetero consent to 16 or 17....

Kids are gonna get down and dirty regardless of age or laws (sorry jim!:lol: )

Personally, im of the opinion that if you're going to try setting ages for things, it should be the same age for everything - voting, drinking, driving, enlisting, and giving special cuddles!

Frame57
09-01-08, 01:23 AM

Full agreement there http://www.psionguild.org/forums/images/smilies/wolfsmilies/thumbsup.gif

Tell horny boy it's much safer (for him) if he just uses it to pee with (proir to marriage of course) http://www.psionguild.org/forums/images/smilies/wolfsmilies/whistle.gifI was a horny boy once myself, and it was my own dad who gave me that speech. :up:

Jimbuna
09-01-08, 10:19 AM

Tell horny boy it's much safer (for him) if he just uses it to pee with (proir to marriage of course) http://www.psionguild.org/forums/images/smilies/wolfsmilies/whistle.gifI was a horny boy once myself, and it was my own dad who gave me that speech. :up:

Same here, but in my case it wasn't until horny boys dad caught him 'at it' :oops:

Frame57
09-02-08, 12:10 PM
When we are young, dumb and full of you know what... we do not think responsibly. When we get older and become Dads then we know the repurcussions from unprotected sex. :up:

Jimbuna
09-02-08, 04:08 PM
When we are young, dumb and full of you know what... we do not think responsibly. When we get older and become Dads then we know the repurcussions from unprotected sex. :up:

Your right...I wish someone had protected me from the wife all those years back :hmm:

Monica Lewinsky
09-13-08, 07:56 PM
but what is it in other countries?

We prefer plain, everyday, unplanned ... SEX!

As shown, below:

http://learnabit.homeserver.com/lab/cialis.mpg

UnderseaLcpl
09-13-08, 08:42 PM

You mean like this?

http://i393.photobucket.com/albums/pp14/lcplmaryott/surprise20buttsechs.jpg

Wolfehunter
09-13-08, 09:54 PM
Thats funny dude.:up:

It takes Warhammer to show it in true colours.:rotfl:

You can see where the flamer is under the claw! I wonder what hes burning?

Jimbuna
09-14-08, 07:09 AM
Worldwide ages of consent:

http://www.avert.org/aofconsent.htm

Sailor Steve
09-14-08, 01:41 PM
:lol: At Afghanistan and Bharain. Both say a man (boy?) must be 18, but a woman must be married (age doesn't seem to matter). But if male-male sex is illegal, who is this 18-year-old guy having sex with? If she has to be married to him why not say he has to be married too, and drop the age requirement? Of course maybe he's doing it with someone else's wife, but I'll bet that's illegal there too.

Just plain silly sometimes.

Frame57
09-14-08, 01:44 PM

You mean like this?

http://i393.photobucket.com/albums/pp14/lcplmaryott/surprise20buttsechs.jpgThat looks quite painful!:rotfl:

Jimbuna
09-14-08, 02:33 PM
:lol: At Afghanistan and Bharain. Both say a man (boy?) must be 18, but a woman must be married (age doesn't seem to matter). But if male-male sex is illegal, who is this 18-year-old guy having sex with? If she has to be married to him why not say he has to be married too, and drop the age requirement? Of course maybe he's doing it with someone else's wife, but I'll bet that's illegal there too.

Just plain silly sometimes.

I'm reading Bahrain as 16 :hmm:

Skybird
09-14-08, 02:57 PM
On a slightly different note:

the EU is legalising pedophilia. I read abiout it before, it is unfortunately a very solid concern indeed, like so many other issues as well. Laws and constitutions are very sensitive concerning their wording, and if something as imp0orant as the EU consrtitution is putting somehting into givcen words and no others, deleting former, earlier phrases, than this has a meaning and hardly happens by random chance only.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdHuRabSQDU

that is another interpretation of that asking critical questions about religion in general should be forbidden by claiming that free religious practice is guaranteed by a constitution. That way, laws get turned against those whom they should protect and serve, and secularism gets hollowed out.

Sailor Steve
09-14-08, 07:19 PM
@ Mikhayl: I surmised pretty much what you described. I just thought the way it was worded was funny enough to comment on.

Frame57
09-15-08, 01:04 PM

the EU is legalising pedophilia. I read abiout it before, it is unfortunately a very solid concern indeed, like so many other issues as well. Laws and constitutions are very sensitive concerning their wording, and if something as imp0orant as the EU consrtitution is putting somehting into givcen words and no others, deleting former, earlier phrases, than this has a meaning and hardly happens by random chance only.

that is another interpretation of that asking critical questions about religion in general should be forbidden by claiming that free religious practice is guaranteed by a constitution. That way, laws get turned against those whom they should protect and serve, and secularism gets hollowed out.Michael Savage predicted this would happen 10 years ago, and that America would follow suit if we keep progressives in office. The man was right agian...

Dan D
09-15-08, 05:22 PM
the EU is legalising pedophilia. I read abiout it before, it is unfortunately a very solid concern indeed...

LÖL
What was the part in the middle again, Otto?

Does the EU have a legislative competence to create a unitary European Criminal Law?

Wolfehunter
09-15-08, 11:57 PM

that is another interpretation of that asking critical questions about religion in general should be forbidden by claiming that free religious practice is guaranteed by a constitution. That way, laws get turned against those whom they should protect and serve, and secularism gets hollowed out.**** I didn't know they did this?:o What a bunch of A-holes.:stare: Wow europe just sold there children to dirty people for nothing?. :-?