PDA

View Full Version : Does ship simply disappear after it reaches its last waypoint?

Silver_Silence
08-27-08, 11:19 PM
I was hunting a large merchant ship off Casablanca. I hit it with one torpedo and follow it submerged, tracking it with hydrophone, waiting for it to sink. The whole time the ship is more or less ahead of me until my sonarman lost track of it. I thought it simply come to my hydrophone's blindspot at 0 degree. I take a look with my periscope and couldn't see the merchant vessel. I realize that I come to Casablanca! This must be its intended destination. After searching the port though, I can't find my ship.

Does it simply disappear after it reaches port? I was hoping it would come to a stop instead.

Sailor Steve
08-27-08, 11:24 PM
A lot of them do disappear when they reach that last waypoint. It is adjusted in the Mission Editor, and can be changed.

If the ship is written directly into the SCR (Scripted) layer, it will stop and sit there if it is set to not delete. If it's in the RND (Random) layer, then you might have it generating several times during a game, and all of them ending up colliding as they reach the end. At least I think that's how it works.

Sandman_28054
08-28-08, 03:10 AM
I snuck into the harbor just above Dover, (Southport ?) and sat just out the port like a spider waiting in a web.

Yes they do very often, when they reach the last way-point of their track, dissapear.

Sneak into the harbor around Bristol.

Many ships coming into the port, but none reach it.

Red Heat
08-29-08, 08:20 AM
I was hunting a large merchant ship off Casablanca. I hit it with one torpedo and follow it submerged, tracking it with hydrophone, waiting for it to sink. The whole time the ship is more or less ahead of me until my sonarman lost track of it. I thought it simply come to my hydrophone's blindspot at 0 degree. I take a look with my periscope and couldn't see the merchant vessel. I realize that I come to Casablanca! This must be its intended destination. After searching the port though, I can't find my ship.

Does it simply disappear after it reaches port? I was hoping it would come to a stop instead.

The secret its to find the "pufff point" before the ship disapper... :lol:

Silver_Silence
08-29-08, 08:41 AM
The secret its to find the "pufff point" before the ship disapper... :lol:

Yeah I didn't notice because I zoomed in on the nav map busy plotting out the target solution. Better yet if we find out the spawn point where ship puff in. But then they won't do it if we are within 50km. Still I think they should make the ship to stop at the destination point at least for a few hours just to make it more realistic.

Jimbuna
08-29-08, 09:38 AM
Well, as Steve pointed out earlier, it is doable....but one hell of a mammoth task if you want it to happen consistently http://www.psionguild.org/forums/images/smilies/wolfsmilies/pirate.gif