PDA

View Full Version : Loch Ewe..?

death5089
08-27-08, 10:20 PM
I rencently decided to take my U-48 on an attack on Loch Ewe hoping to find something juicy to sink. It was Jan. 1940 and i easily evaded all 3 destroyers and a patrol boat. when i found myself within striking range of the ships in the port i raised my periscope and found that some of the ships had been hit. To be specific; 1 sunken Battleship, 1 crippled destroyer, and 1 destroyer that had its depth charges blown off. I spotted a T2 Tanker and decided to go for a quick and easy kill. It was easy, except for the destroyer right next to it that couldnt move out of its docking position but was trying to, guns blazing. It was glitched and every time it tried to move it glitched back to its starting point. It suceeded in blowing itself up with depth charges. I got away with about 10800 tons or so and decided to make my escape path around the Island, where i ran into an anti-Uboat net and sustained minor damage and made it out with 95% HI. Then i snuck past all the destroyers again and made my way home. Any idea what happened to the other ships?

Task Force
08-27-08, 10:23 PM
When they spawned they could have been hitting/halfway in the dock.;) Happens ocationaly.

death5089
08-27-08, 10:29 PM
also when i surfaced to get over the net my watch crew went on deck then i went back down to periscope depth and the watch crew stayed on deck, underwater and nothing happened and if i tried to take them off they were replaced by another 4 men. weird glitches...

GoldenRivet
08-27-08, 10:31 PM
any mods?

nirwana
08-28-08, 02:26 AM
This happens if u reload a saved game being submerged. Hit "p" and to make sure that ure not running silent without any visual indication "z" to be up to speed before u take any other action.

bigboywooly
08-28-08, 08:24 AM
Did you save close to port before going in ?

May explain the burning\sinking ships
Also the watch crew problem - as explained by nirwana

Red Heat
08-28-08, 08:36 AM
Did you save close to port before going in ?

May explain the burning\sinking ships
Also the watch crew problem - as explained by nirwana

Very important and wise measure... :)

death5089
08-28-08, 08:43 AM
no mods or anything just SH3 1.4b. I did save close to the port, just in case i got sunk i cud reload the game and try again. And yes i did save submerged and silent running was active.

bigboywooly
08-28-08, 09:03 AM
Saving close to port will cause the AI units to lose waypoints
Moving ships run aground or into each other
Aircraft fall out of the sky and docked ships can end up in the harbour walls
( moreso than with the drift issue )

Try to save at least 50 KM away from any port
Further is better - around 75 km

meduza
08-28-08, 11:31 AM

Do units lose the waypoints when you save the game close to port, or only if you load such a saved game?

Pisces
08-28-08, 12:17 PM

Do units lose the waypoints when you save the game close to port, or only if you load such a saved game?I don't see any way how you can figure that out other than to disassemble the savegame file containing those ships. As far as I know there isn't such a tool for that.

bigboywooly
08-28-08, 12:54 PM
When loading from restart

If you save then carry on playing it should be ok but best not to risk it anyway