PDA

View Full Version : Cast adrift

gordonmull
08-27-08, 03:19 PM
Came across a convoy in BF18 and it all went a bit pear shaped. I'm sitting with both diesels destroyed and the batteries flat. It used to be that you could teleport back to base, something I only ever used in these situations to simulate a tow. Since I've installed GWX2.1 this option seems to have vanished (didn't see anything about it in the manual).

Seems to me that BdU aren't going to leave an entire uboat crew to rot in their boat so close to France. Is there any way I can get my battered tin can back to St. Nazaire or is that it for U-36? I'd rather not add it so quickly to the rest of the armada I've left littering the atlantic seafloor!

Using GWX2.1 and Commander 3.1, nothing else.

BTW GWX 2.1 is immense! Thanks loads to all involved.

nirwana
08-27-08, 03:28 PM
U cannot "teleport" if ure submerged or any ships are in range. Play sitting duck til nothing is in range and surface then it should work.

gordonmull
08-27-08, 03:35 PM
Thaks anyway but I've already tried that. I waited till the convoy was long gone before I tried the teleport. I've TC'd a few hours, tried again then repeated a few times and I'm still unable to do it.

nirwana
08-27-08, 04:06 PM
I use gwx 2.1 for a couple of months now and i was always able to teleport back to base. Can a bugged installation be the reason ?

KeptinCranky
08-27-08, 04:06 PM
Odd, shouldn't normally be a problem...:hmm:

Have you tried rowing? :D

Sailor Steve
08-27-08, 06:52 PM
Are you by chance playing at 100%? That will do it every time.

Task Force
08-27-08, 06:55 PM
As he said before. Use the force gordonmull (or your magic button under the navigation table), It will get you back to base.:lol:

HW3
08-28-08, 01:47 AM
Sailor Steve is right, if you are playing at 100% realism, you can not teleport back to base.

gordonmull
08-28-08, 01:21 PM
Cheers guys. It will be the 100% realism thing then.

Shame we can't row!! Or even use Bernard's underpants as a sail...

Time to start again.

Tango589
08-28-08, 02:02 PM
I'm busy mooching around Gibraltar in U-51, so if you can hang on for a few days I can give you a tow. I hope you have got some decent rope, or failing that we'll have to use Bernard's underpants. (Memo to self...if it comes to this, remember to equip crew with breathing apparatus.:huh: )

bigboywooly
08-28-08, 02:03 PM
Surface and whack TC up
Batteries should charge anyway

Repeat till home
If ever

Sailor Steve
08-28-08, 09:11 PM
That is a problem. Another is when your rudders are out of action, and you should be able to steer with the propellors.

One possible solution: Go to SHIII/Data/Cfg/GameplaySettings. Scroll down to [RealismPercentage]. Reduce any one of the settings by one, such as
"LimitedBatteriesRealismPercentage=6" to "=5". This would mean you're playing at 99% rather than 100%, but I don't think that will change your renown and you'll still be playing as hardcore as you can get. But the teleport function should work again.

Jimbuna
08-29-08, 09:48 AM
Surface and whack TC up
Batteries should charge anyway

Repeat till home
If ever

LMAO :rotfl:

Nobody will recognise them on their return....white beards trailing the ground :lol:

gordonmull
09-02-08, 03:24 PM
Sorry for the late answer - been on my hols.

Sailor Steve, thank-you. It worked a treat. My boat is safe - for now.

We'll see what the next patrol brings...

Erich dem Roten
09-02-08, 07:14 PM
Another is when your rudders are out of action, and you should be able to steer with the propellors.

Ugh...I hated this. I had both my rudders blown out and had to resort to teleporting, but I spent about an hour trying to find a way to operate the diesels independently.