PDA

View Full Version : Patrol areas....

Piggy
08-26-08, 11:36 AM
New here, just got SH3 a few weeks ago and am loving it!

Its Oct of 41 and Im Stationed at St. Naziare with a VIIC. Im now on my 3rd patrol to the west of gilbralter/spain area and all Im encountering is lone merchants, mostly small ones, no convoys? I prefferred the north atlantic because there was always some fat convoys ripe for the picking but I go where Im ordered to go.

So, this being vanilla SH3 what are my chances of seeing a convoy west of gilbralter? Its kind of boring over here....

On a side note 5 patrols ago I was steaming along at flank (512 compression)shadowing a convoy north west of ireland when I hear the WO yell ship spotted. I poke my head up to see two cruisers heading straight for me. I tried to get lined up, they were moving fast and before I new it I was nearly run over, too close for a shot, too fast to chase.... what a shame, such a great opportunity lost because my quick calculations were off by a few hundred meters.

GoldenRivet
08-26-08, 11:40 AM
:huh:

people play stock?

hahah just kidding, there should be a fair number of convoys steaming out of gibralter though where exactly in stock im not sure.

the first order of business you should tend to is to download and install GWX2.1!!! :rock:

im telling you - its not even the same game!

Piggy
08-26-08, 12:20 PM
Hehe, yeah Im playing vanilla to start (just got it) and then Im going to get GWX. I got the game off steam though so I have to figure out where/how to install GWX, shouldnt be too hard. Vanilla does seem a little too easy though, shot down 6 planes in my last patrol... with the wimpy little twin MG... Not likely!

Jimbuna
08-26-08, 01:25 PM
Hehe, yeah Im playing vanilla to start (just got it) and then Im going to get GWX. I got the game off steam though so I have to figure out where/how to install GWX, shouldnt be too hard. Vanilla does seem a little too easy though, shot down 6 planes in my last patrol... with the wimpy little twin MG... Not likely!

Welcome aboard Piggy....All the GWX files and instructions are available from the GWX website. http://www.psionguild.org/forums/images/smilies/wolfsmilies/pirate.gif

GoldenRivet
08-26-08, 02:03 PM
yes... welcome!

and - one other bit of advice.

If you see a nice young lady lurking in the SH3 forums by the name of Penelope_Grey...

DO NOT let her see you refer to stock silent hunter 3 as being "Vanilla"

:lol:

bigboywooly
08-26-08, 02:58 PM
Once you have completed 24 hours on your ordered grid go hunt
The SH3 map ( in documentation folder ) has a pretty accurate marking of the convoy lanes

Red Heat
08-26-08, 03:15 PM
Good Hunting...and good luck! :yep:

Hunting Grounds: BF 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 AM: 29, 02, 51, 52, 54 CG: 94, 95, 97 DM: 23, DB: 94, 95, 98 CN: 21, 22, 23, 25, 26 AN: 14 BE: 39

von hally
08-27-08, 05:33 AM

welcome piggy.

you are right to try the original sh3 for a while... SO WHEN YOU INSTALL GWX YOUR MIND WILL BE BLOWN!!!.

installing is easy.

whole new game

and by the way.....enjoy those memories of shooting down 6 planes per patrol.....youl find out.........:D :D :D