PDA

View Full Version : The heck? Difficulty

cj95
08-24-08, 06:52 AM
Strange......

Reloaded a patrol about halfway through to continue it, and I was suddenly struck by the fact that my fuel bunkers were suddenly FULL again.

I didnt think too much of it until I then noticed that they were not draining either as I cruised along.

The clincher was when I set up an attack and found out that manual targeting was disabled.

WTF....I play at 92% Difficulty usually and somehow ehen I reloaded a save game it set me back to zero.

Since there is no way to reset difficulty in the middle of a patrol I was stuck with it until I got back to Brisbane.

Using RFB for 1.4

Anybody else have this happen?

Seminole
08-24-08, 07:26 AM
I can't say that I have.

I have started a new career and forgotten to reset the difficulty options from the office. I have never had them mysteriously change in mid career like that.

In fact I, can recall several threads where folks wanted to change difficulty options after a patrol had begun and as far as I know always without success.

Your experience is indeed strange.

Are you sure you didn't mistakenly load a save from another previous career?

cj95
08-24-08, 07:35 AM
Quite sure....I only have one career, and only 2-3 saves for that particular one.

I remeber this save because I pulled off a 2700 yard double hit on a merchant with my S-Boat right before I was forced to submerge.

Fincuan
08-24-08, 11:19 AM
You can change difficulty settings mid-patrol by editing the Gameplaysettings.cfg of a save in My Documents\SH4\data\cfg\SaveGames