PDA

View Full Version : Silent Running Inop--Fix?

banjo
08-22-08, 12:03 PM
I am in a Gato career and it is mid 1942 using TMO for 1.5 and RSRDC and it's mod. Suddenly, for no reason I can think of, both in my last patrol and this one the silent running does not enable. When I hit Z or select the silent running icon the crew man says "Yessir, silent running." but nothing actually happens. The silent running icon in the top right screen does not appear and tropedos continue to load.

Anyone know what I can look at to fix this? The only mod I added lately was the new radar screen mod.

Webster
08-22-08, 01:09 PM
could you have saved with anything AI generated nearby? corrupted bad save maybe?

is there a previous save you can go back to? restart from your previous patrol and see if all is well.

try making new saves and not overwritting the old save game so you can judge at what point it happens and if reverting to a previous save makes it work again or if only restarting the patrol does it get fixed.

also to be clear, this is the same career your running and only your latest patrol in that career is the problem showing up correct?

banjo
08-22-08, 01:23 PM
This happened in the previous patrol--same career. I dont have anything else running when I am playing the game. This actually happened a few months ago too, but since then I have reinstalled the game and mods. I'm wondering if there is a file I can look at.

BTW--am enjoying your torpedo mod v1.

banjo
08-22-08, 01:24 PM
And, I will try making new saves. Normally I save over the same three saves--TMO1, TMO2, TMO3.

banjo
08-22-08, 02:18 PM
Well hell, I just started a new patrol, same career, and now silent running works. Gremlins in my software I guess.

SteamWake
08-22-08, 02:55 PM
Well hell, I just started a new patrol, same career, and now silent running works. Gremlins in my software I guess.

Bernard lurking in your ini files?

Arclight
08-22-08, 03:57 PM
Maybe he took a job at tech support. :hmm:

Webster
08-22-08, 04:48 PM
its worth redoing your mods as well, delete the ones your using and replace them with fresh copies from the zip folders. somewhere maybe there is an errant file causing issues. it happens sometimes a file gets left behind for some reason and now its in the wrong mod or the wrong folder. if still it happens then the game has an issue and needs redoing.

Zero Niner
08-22-08, 09:13 PM
banjo
Just to let you know I also face this problem occasionally. I thought it was the small radar contact mod at first, as uninstalling it re-enabled silent running.

But the other day I faced the problem again, and the radar contact mod was already disabled.

This leads me to think that it's an occasional g-glitch in the program.

I also faced an issue where, right at the start of a patrol departing from base, I just couldn't get the boat going. Got a "cannot comply" message.

Orion2012
08-23-08, 01:52 PM
This issue ALWAYS happens to me if for some reason I either ALt-Tab out of the game, or am forced to exit full screen mode. Error always goes away after a save and reload.

banjo
08-24-08, 09:50 AM
Thanks guys.