PDA

View Full Version : Watch officer "stays in bed" when surfacing :)

Tomcat84
08-19-08, 05:36 AM
Hey folks, I've tried searching for the answer but have been unsuccesful. Hope it hasnt been asked too many times before.

But: when im cruising on the surface I have one officer with watchman qualification doing his thing outside, with some help of course.

Now if i go submerged and come back up: the non officer folks go back to the bridge like clockwork but the officer dude ALWAYS stays in the crew quarters so i have to manually put him back out there everytime.

It's starting to annoy me frankly :). Anyone ever experience this as well or have any clue what to do to get him to go out there on his own initiative?

I have disabled fatigue in SH3 commander, not sure if that has anything to do with it?

von Zelda
08-19-08, 05:45 AM
Now if i go submerged and come back up: the non officer folks go back to the bridge like clockwork but the officer dude ALWAYS stays in the crew quarters so i have to manually put him back out there everytime.

Anyone ever experience this as well or have any clue what to do to get him to go out there on his own initiative?

This goes all the way back to the stock game. You must move him yourself. There has not been a cure todate. I always have an NCO with the proper qualification so I'm covered even if I forget to place the officer on the conning tower.

Cezbor
08-19-08, 05:46 AM
It's well known SH3 bug:nope: . No clue at this time. Frankly, I always try to keep WO in torpedo room..... just to watch lasy staff and to polish my torpedos.:lol:

Rommer69
08-19-08, 05:53 AM
I have always the same problem. WO always in the torpedo room as it is the usual place to move when I submerge; he always remains there if I do not replace him in the watch tower.

Cezbor
08-19-08, 05:59 AM
It's well known SH3 bug:nope: . No clue at this time. Frankly, I always try to keep WO in torpedo room..... just to watch lasy staff and to polish my torpedos.:lol:
By WO I ment Watch Officer not Weapon Officer of course:up:

Paul Riley
08-19-08, 06:07 AM
just to watch lasy staff and to polish my torpedos.:lol:

I like that :rotfl:

d@rk51d3
08-19-08, 06:19 AM
Try this link.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=139259

While it's not perfect on some machines (well probably just mine :-? ), I can whole-heartedly recommend this mod. Just make sure to read the instructions.:up:

Cezbor
08-19-08, 06:26 AM
Try this link.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=139259

Great thanks d@rk51d3:up:

STEED
08-19-08, 06:45 AM
My NCO is qualified and him along with the three crewmen are at there top ranks and my bar is green all the way. I only stick the dude up there for deck gun action so he can keep an eye out while I'm busy blowing the crap out of a ship.

Paul Riley
08-19-08, 07:21 AM
Thats the spirit! :rotfl:

meduza
08-19-08, 07:30 AM
When I'm set to prolonged surface cruise, i put the WO on the tower, but when I do my usual high TC surface/periscope depth search routine, I just couldn't be bothered and leave him in his bunk. Lazy SOB! :D

I have two specialized watchmen, and they do their job just fine.

predavolk
08-19-08, 08:26 AM
It may be just my foggy recollections, but it seems to me that you spot ships faster (or are at least informed of them by crew faster) when you have a Watch Officer on deck. It's a pain to manually change them, but it does help stop you from making the sub go up and down like a dolphin (which is not very realistic). Of course, I have a fully qualified, fully-medalled NCO up there at all times (no fatigue thanks to medals), so I certainly have a back-up plan in case that lazy WO doesn't get up there at all!

And WTF is with my new logo?