PDA

View Full Version : New "Saudi gold mine"

Mikhayl
08-18-08, 10:54 AM
---

SUBMAN1
08-18-08, 10:58 AM
Interesting. I wonder how hard it would be to search in the desert? Mountains typically push this stuff to the surface, but a desert???

-S

Zachstar
08-18-08, 11:02 AM
This is a very serious issue.. Because more gold not coming from our borders means even more problems for our economy...

Gold is instant wealth.. It is not something you have to play the market with or start a major business to convert into a new mansion or a new military..

One of the main reasons we were able to amass a great deal of wealth as a nation before was the amount of gold being extracted...

Exporting airplanes? Whoops! Seems Airbus is getting better planes out faster...

Exporting military equipment? Whopps! Seems other counties are starting to rely more on their own designs and those in their local region.. And without the spectere of the soviet union around there is less demand.. The F-35 is over decades BTW.. Not instant wealth flowing in..

Our survice based economy based on 8 tons of debt is not gold to hold against nations finding more precious metals to use against us..

geetrue
08-18-08, 01:49 PM
Interesting. I wonder how hard it would be to search in the desert? Mountains typically push this stuff to the surface, but a desert???

-S

They actually scoop up the sand and process the gold out of it, honest injun.

UnderseaLcpl
08-18-08, 02:34 PM
This is a very serious issue.. Because more gold not coming from our borders means even more problems for our economy...

Gold is instant wealth.. It is not something you have to play the market with or start a major business to convert into a new mansion or a new military..

One of the main reasons we were able to amass a great deal of wealth as a nation before was the amount of gold being extracted...

Exporting airplanes? Whoops! Seems Airbus is getting better planes out faster...

Exporting military equipment? Whopps! Seems other counties are starting to rely more on their own designs and those in their local region.. And without the spectere of the soviet union around there is less demand.. The F-35 is over decades BTW.. Not instant wealth flowing in..

Our survice based economy based on 8 tons of debt is not gold to hold against nations finding more precious metals to use against us..

I don't know that its necessarily bad. After all, the U.S. is where most of the world's wealth is invested (well, more than any other single nation)
The U.S. is often the refuge for investors whose local economies are in trouble. That's because our more-or-less capitalist economy and sort-of hands-off government makes our nation a great fiscal bulwark.

Saudi Arabia isn't the first place one would want to invest one's wealth for obvious reasons. The U.S may yet stand to benefit from this.

Or I may be totally wrong. We'll see, I guess.

Zayphod
08-18-08, 03:06 PM

-S

They actually scoop up the sand and process the gold out of it, honest injun.

"Well, of course, since we have all adopted the leaf as the national currency, we've all become filthy rich. Naturally, with too many trees around, we'll have to impliment a form of controlled defoliation to keep the value up."

....or something along those lines (Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy). :p