PDA

View Full Version : Ernest Borgnine explains the key to staying young

Syxx_Killer
08-15-08, 07:54 AM
I saw this on Fox & Friends yesterday but wasn't really paying attention until I heard them mention YouTube. I knew it had to be something really shocking Ernest had said. Well, it ended up on YouTube (surprise, surprise). You, too, can now have the keys to staying young! Or at least a hand in it... :o:rotfl:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5QwtZHkuBY

AVGWarhawk
08-15-08, 08:00 AM
I think he did not know the mic would pick up what he was whispering to the host. :rotfl: It is humorous.

Sailor Steve
08-15-08, 08:00 AM
Sound advice from Quentin McHale! How can a good sailor not listen?
:rotfl:

AVGWarhawk
08-15-08, 08:06 AM
He is 91. I guess it is working. Anyone taking notes? :rotfl:

Kapitan_Phillips
08-15-08, 08:20 AM
He's 91?!?!?! Jesus wept! :o:o

Reece
08-15-08, 08:51 AM
I used to love McHales Navy, there was a blooper when the camera was left running by mistake and they were all dancing around to the song Papa Ooh Mow Mow, or something like that, if anyone knows where I can get a copy please let me know, it's the funniest blooper I'd ever seen!!:yep:

Digital_Trucker
08-15-08, 09:34 AM
Thanks for sharing that, Syxx Killer, it made my morning:rotfl:. He's a class act, for sure.

OneToughHerring
08-15-08, 10:08 AM
Oh yea, Ernest Borgnine was in the navy and also in WW2. I guess he is the rare exeption among the Hollywood actors who has actually done something else then just stood in front of a camera and looked pretty. :)

Hmm, I know that Harvey Keitel has also served in the navy, and Douglas Fairbanks jr. I'm sure there are others too but can't remember them right now.

Edit. Oh wait, Keitel was in the marines, not navy.

AVGWarhawk
08-15-08, 11:24 AM
Oh yea, Ernest Borgnine was in the navy and also in WW2. I guess he is the rare exeption among the Hollywood actors who has actually done something else then just stood in front of a camera and looked pretty. :)

Hmm, I know that Harvey Keitel has also served in the navy, and Douglas Fairbanks jr. I'm sure there are others too but can't remember them right now.

Check link on WW2 actors:

http://www.jodavidsmeyer.com/combat/military/actors_in_wwii.html

Not so rare really.

Randomizer
08-15-08, 11:38 AM
By memory, just a few of many...

Jimmy Stewart - B-17 pilot and eventually BGen USAF Reserve during the Cold War.
Clark Gable - B-17 pilot
Lee Marvin - USMC NCO, Silver Star winner
Kurt Jergens - US Army translator
UK actor Esmond Knight - Royal Navy (served on PoW during the Denmark Straight action)
Sean Connery - Royal Navy gunner
Henry Fonda - USN in the Pacific, Bronze Star winner
Robert Montgomery - US Army, Bronze Star at Normandy
Paul Newman - USN TBM gunner/Rad Op

Much of Hollywood served the war effort in some capacity, it todays celebs that view the concept of service with such disdain.
Good Hunting

longam
08-15-08, 12:09 PM
I used to love McHales Navy, there was a blooper when the camera was left running by mistake and they were all dancing around to the song Papa Ooh Mow Mow, or something like that, if anyone knows where I can get a copy please let me know, it's the funniest blooper I'd ever seen!!:yep:
That always cracks me up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8E8trKZGbE

STEED
08-15-08, 12:22 PM
Ernest Borgnine still alive and (CENSORED) bloody crap. :o

Frame57
08-15-08, 02:09 PM
Too funny! Wonder if it is true....:hmm: Anyway, the Duke was in the service too. I think he was a reservist officer of some sort, but i lost some respect for him. The Archerish-1 was tying up to pierside and the Duke was taking his yacht out carryings an officer insignia flag. The men did not salute him and he made a stink of it. Number one he was not in uniform and two he did not amount to a pimple on the backside of any archerfish sailor, so screw him. Ernie is a class act though!:up:

OneToughHerring
08-15-08, 02:51 PM

Check link on WW2 actors:

http://www.jodavidsmeyer.com/combat/military/actors_in_wwii.html

Not so rare really.

Jason Robards was in Pearl Harbor? Hmm, didn't know that, kinda interesting. Oh yea and Albert Salmi.

AVGWarhawk
08-15-08, 02:59 PM
My favorite is Jimmy Stewart. Flew his missions and received quite a few medals. I like his acting also.

RickC Sniper
08-15-08, 03:49 PM
Lee Marvin served in the marines and was awarded a purple heart for getting shot in the arse, but he was never awarded a silver star or navy cross as is commonly reported.

By memory, just a few of many...

Jimmy Stewart - B-17 pilot and eventually BGen USAF Reserve during the Cold War.
Clark Gable - B-17 pilot
Lee Marvin - USMC NCO, Silver Star winner
Kurt Jergens - US Army translator
UK actor Esmond Knight - Royal Navy (served on PoW during the Denmark Straight action)
Sean Connery - Royal Navy gunner
Henry Fonda - USN in the Pacific, Bronze Star winner
Robert Montgomery - US Army, Bronze Star at Normandy
Paul Newman - USN TBM gunner/Rad Op

Much of Hollywood served the war effort in some capacity, it todays celebs that view the concept of service with such disdain.
Good Hunting

Jimbuna
08-15-08, 04:12 PM
Too funny! Wonder if it is true....:hmm: Anyway, the Duke was in the service too. I think he was a reservist officer of some sort, but i lost some respect for him. The Archerish-1 was tying up to pierside and the Duke was taking his yacht out carryings an officer insignia flag. The men did not salute him and he made a stink of it. Number one he was not in uniform and two he did not amount to a pimple on the backside of any archerfish sailor, so screw him. Ernie is a class act though!:up:

One of the Dukes problems was that he got upset when his reputation didn't precede him....too much Hollywood hype for a mere mortal.

He did star in some fantastic movies though.

Happy Times
08-15-08, 06:26 PM
My favorite is Jimmy Stewart. Flew his missions and received quite a few medals. I like his acting also.

Same here.:up: He flew in Vietnam also.

Frame57
08-15-08, 06:38 PM

One of the Dukes problems was that he got upset when his reputation didn't precede him....too much Hollywood hype for a mere mortal.

He did star in some fantastic movies though.True, true. Yeah, it was a scenario I read in "Gallant Lady". The WW2 record of Archerfish was pretty dang good. Plus the whole post WW2 operation sea scan was an incredible acheivement. I would have had the "Duke" cleaning the trim and drain pump filters for acting like a big brat. Yeah, I like his westerns more-so.:yep:

Sailor Steve
08-15-08, 06:39 PM
Jason Robards was in Pearl Harbor? Hmm, didn't know that, kinda interesting.
That's what makes it so funny about him playing General Short in Tora! Tora! Tora!

And it's nice to know that even at 91, old Ernie's still keeping his hand in.

Frame57
08-15-08, 06:44 PM
Jason Robards was in Pearl Harbor? Hmm, didn't know that, kinda interesting.
That's what makes it so funny about him playing General Short in Tora! Tora! Tora!

And it's nice to know that even at 91, old Ernie's still keeping his hand in.Good one! You know what is funny about this. If this were any other elderly dude who said they masturbated a lot, they would be looked at as being a dirty old man. The way that chick acted because it was Ernie, would be a whole lot different if it were my Dad up there. But it is hollywood. Did Ernie appear in Different Strokes?:D

Jimbuna
08-16-08, 08:59 AM
I hear he still rides a motorbike fitted with a two stroke rotary internal combustion wankel engine.

Reece
08-16-08, 09:29 AM
I hear he still rides a motorbike fitted with a two stroke rotary internal combustion wankel engine.
:rotfl:I dunno Jim, what am I gonna do with you!!:rotfl:

OneToughHerring
08-16-08, 11:06 AM
Jason Robards was in Pearl Harbor? Hmm, didn't know that, kinda interesting. That's what makes it so funny about him playing General Short in Tora! Tora! Tora!

That was a good movie, I like the beginning of the attack when they play the Stars and Stripes on fast speed. :)

Btw, how do Americans feel about Audie Murphy today? I read that his grave is the second most visited grave after that of Kennedys. Do people really hold him in such high regard still? Also, started to think about celebrities in the Vietnam war, I know Oliver Stone was really there but not a lot of others come to mind.

Frame57
08-16-08, 11:42 AM
I hear he still rides a motorbike fitted with a two stroke rotary internal combustion wankel engine.He should try a 4 stroker. Much better performance on steep inclines.:D

Jimbuna
08-16-08, 01:01 PM
hehehehe :lol:

Sailor Steve
08-16-08, 01:11 PM
Btw, how do Americans feel about Audie Murphy today? I read that his grave is the second most visited grave after that of Kennedys. Do people really hold him in such high regard still?
I don't see why we wouldn't. He really did all the things they talk about, and he really was humble "I'm no hero" when asked about it. He also turned out to be not to bad an actor. Red Badge Of Courage is a good film about the nature of war, and he does a good job playing a soldier who runs away when the shooting starts but later runs back to lead the charge, all the time never knowing why he did either.

Also, started to think about celebrities in the Vietnam war, I know Oliver Stone was really there but not a lot of others come to mind.
Not too many I can think of either, though there may be some who don't play it up. Now if my musical career had gone the way I'd hoped...:rotfl:

Jimbuna
08-16-08, 01:20 PM
I can remember you in the early seventies Steve....you played in one of my then favourite foreign bands and went by the alias: Jan Akkerman. ;)

http://br.youtube.com/watch?v=bpV5InLw52U