PDA

View Full Version : torpedo snapshot

Laffertytig
08-11-08, 07:24 PM
i remember readin somewhere some tips on takin quick torp snapshots when u dont have time to create a solution. it was some kind of formula based on target speed = how many degrees to lead it.

anyone got any info on this?

Sailor Steve
08-11-08, 09:06 PM
If I'm within 800 meters or so I just center the scope, wait until his bow passes the crosshairs and let fly. Nine times out of ten with the torp set on fast I hit him dead center. No AOB, no range, no speed. Just point and shoot.

Knotical
08-12-08, 12:43 AM
To add to what sailor steve said, if you just set the target speed to 0 in the tdc regardless of the other settings the torpedo will run straight down the bearing you fire on, making it into a point and shoot system.

meduza
08-12-08, 05:44 AM
I'd say that for the most common 30kt torpedo, you have to add 2 degrees for each knot of target's speed. That's for 90° AOB.

But I wouldn't use this "method" for a target more than 500m away. :D

Laufen zum Ziel
08-12-08, 02:51 PM
Check SHA under "Printable Game Aids" - :"Torpedo Bearing Table"

joegrundman
08-12-08, 06:56 PM
If you are shooting perpendicular and straight ahead, then you just need to know your torp speed and the target speed. So here, you can crib this down and stick it to the side of your monitor (btw, if you have made KM whiz wheel, or use the slide rule in the U-jagd tools, you can work out all these solutions for any AOB too)

But assuming an AOB of about 90

For Torp Speed 46 knots

target speed.........lead angle
12 knots...................15
11 knots...................14
10 knots...................12.5
9 knots.....................11
8 knots.....................10
7 knots.....................9
6 knots.....................7.5
5 knots.....................6
4 knots.....................5