PDA

View Full Version : Black or Dark Sky Video Problems - SH3 & SH4

Dutchman 51
08-10-08, 03:22 PM
Subsimers,

I recently started to have video problems which I first noticed in SH3 running GWX2.1. After installing GWX 2.1 the first time this week, everything looked correct regarding screens in the Training Mode, ie blue sky, etc. Then the second time around my blue sky is now black or dark, instead of the clear blue sky I am used to seeing. I don’t recall any changes I made.

I am running the nHancer nVidia tweaks as suggested by Rubini from 1-7-08, and thought it was running correctly.

Thinking it may be a problem isolated with just SH3, I then ran SH4 training scenarios to see if there was any problems there, and noticed I have white streaks going across the blue sky. So obviously I have a consistent video problem somewhere.

I thought I have seen previous posts on this somewhere in SH3 or SH4 about video problems describing black or dark sky problems, but could not seem to find them using the search function.

Any ideas on where the problems lie before I start from changing my video card from scratch.

Thanks

Below are the specks for by computer.

nVidia GeForce 7600gs 512MB with 175.19 drivers
WinXP Pro SP2
AMD Anthlon 64 x 2Dual Core Processor 3800, 2GB RAM:cry:

Reece
08-10-08, 09:02 PM
Usually this is caused (in SHIII), by mixing up the 8k & 16k atmosphere mods, the skycolor env files or Scene.dat are mixed up, but if you are having the problem in SHIV as well then I doubt this would be the problem, although it doesn't sound like a video card issue either, weird!!:-?

HW3
08-11-08, 07:28 PM
The black sky during day time in SH III was caused by enabling a mod without rolling back SH3 Commander first.

Dutchman 51
08-13-08, 10:17 PM
Gentlemen,

I did both at the same time, and it fixed the problem. I don't rember enabling a mod without rolling back SH3 Commander, but I may have. Thanks for your suggestions.

HW3
08-14-08, 03:20 PM
Glad you got it fixed! Good hunting!