PDA

View Full Version : You can never have enough Hard Drive space

SUBMAN1
08-06-08, 05:15 PM
I have over 1 TB available to this machine, yet I only have 9 GB free!!! Ughhh! Anyone seen any good deals on hard drives lately?

-S

FIREWALL
08-06-08, 05:18 PM
I have over 1 TB available to this machine, yet I only have 9 GB free!!! Ughhh! Anyone seen any good deals on hard drives lately?

-S

TigerDirect :yep:

Tchocky
08-06-08, 05:19 PM
There's about 3-4TB of storage in this house, I keep meaning to get some sort of network going. Bah, another day.

SUBMAN1
08-06-08, 05:27 PM
There's about 3-4TB of storage in this house, I keep meaning to get some sort of network going. Bah, another day.I use it mainly to store video for the TV. No commercials (I chop them). over 1 TB of vid right now. I have to start deleting tonight.

-S

UnderseaLcpl
08-06-08, 05:32 PM
How can you use 1 terrabyte ( see I can't even spell it becaue it's so huge) of disk space?

Raptor1
08-06-08, 05:33 PM
How can you use 1 terrabyte ( see I can't even spell it becaue it's so huge) of disk space?

I could fill it up in 2 weeks, if I had that much

I format my PC every couple of months now, need more disk space

SUBMAN1
08-06-08, 05:42 PM
How can you use 1 terrabyte ( see I can't even spell it becaue it's so huge) of disk space?Video takes a lot. Figure on average about 1.33 GB per 30 min of video.

I currently have 402 programs waiting to be watched on TV. I probably have actually watched about 1/3rd of them.

-S

STEED
08-06-08, 05:57 PM
I currently have 402 programs waiting to be watched on TV. I probably have actually watched about 1/3rd of them.

-S

What you complaining about? Bloody heck the answer is simple, get some frosty beers out the fridge send the wife packing some where put your feet up and start watching them, problem solved. :D

ASWnut101
08-06-08, 06:19 PM
Holy crap. It's been almost three years and I'm only now getting space issues with my 40GB (Gigabyte with a "G") disk. :o

I would die before I filled up 1TB...

bookworm_020
08-06-08, 06:36 PM
Holy crap. It's been almost three years and I'm only now getting space issues with my 40GB (Gigabyte with a "G") disk. :o

I would die before I filled up 1TB...

I have a 40Gb hard drive on my computer and it's still half empty! I do remember my dad buying his first external hard drive (for almost $800) and saying he couldn't seeing the day when he filled it up:D I guess 35 Mb seemed so big then!:lol:

SUBMAN1
08-06-08, 06:51 PM
What you complaining about? Bloody heck the answer is simple, get some frosty beers out the fridge send the wife packing some where put your feet up and start watching them, problem solved. :D
Too busy to watch them. While talking occasionally right here, I have done the impossible - I have created a Dire Straits Brothers in Arms compression in 96 khz 24 bit sample rate. I have very high resolution audio in this house, but getting it into an alternate format has been a crazy task. I finially have it!!! Woo Hoo!! :D:D:D :up::up:

I used a near lossless ogg (specifically programed as a gap filler between FLAC and normal OGG) for the compression. That one song started out life as an MLP in the 700 MB range (Yes, you are reading that right - 1 track off a CD would fill up an 'entire' CD.). I now have compressed it to 16 MB with near perfect reproduction. I will have to put this on my mains downstairs. They are massive speakers (About 150+ lbs each) that reproduce quality in amazing detail. Only then will I truely hear the flaws.

-S

Ramius
08-06-08, 06:56 PM

-S

Not sure how good these prices are compared to what you've seen already...

http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/products/a968x1y0z1p0s0n0m0

SUBMAN1
08-06-08, 07:03 PM
Now here is the funny part - my 96 khz / 24 bit version in its compressed format will sound better than those of you that bought this CD! :D :p :lol:

-S

kiwi_2005
08-06-08, 09:36 PM
500gb hd here with 283gb to spare:yep:

Just the games i always play are on 4 all up, rest is apps/usual software MS office etc., some music, a folder with all the DL mods.

When i use to run fraps i didn't know the gameplay movies i would take were so large when i checked the files they added up to 22 gigs of the stuff so dont use as much. Gone back to camtasia studio.

A 500g will last me a while

silentrunner
08-06-08, 10:02 PM
Ha my laptop has a 160gig internal hard drive, I filled it up in three days

SUBMAN1
08-07-08, 12:19 AM

-S
Not sure how good these prices are compared to what you've seen already...

http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/products/a968x1y0z1p0s0n0m0Thats across the pond though. Oh well!

-S

Respenus
08-07-08, 04:51 AM
Thank you Lord. Until now, everyone looked at me in a wrong way, when I told them, that my almost 1TB capacity is not enough. Finally people who understand.

As a European, I can tell you, that you can get great euro per GB in Metro (http://www.metro.at/english/pages/home.cfm). A few months ago, it was 75 euro for an external 500GB disk. A few week ago, the same price got you a 750GB external disk. Too bad, they're a bit too far from where I live, so I have to make due for now, with my 1TB.

JHuschke
08-07-08, 06:29 AM
TB!? :o TigerDirect and Newegg is pretty much all I know.