08-05-08, 12:18 AM
What's wrong with a hangman's noose or a 20 cent bullet?:yep:

antikristuseke
08-05-08, 12:22 AM
Too fat to be executed?:rotfl:

Zachstar
08-05-08, 12:44 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080805/ap_on_re_us/death_penalty_cooey

They may have gotten away for a few more months with the headache drug argument... But the "too fat" part will be shot down before every death row inmate decides to get fat to live longer.

bookworm_020
08-05-08, 12:57 AM
Offfer him the electric chair, and a choice of settings, regular or extra crispy!:D

I'm sure the victims wouldn't mid seeing him suffer a little in death, as they didn't get a chance to appeal their deaths:stare:

ASWnut101
08-05-08, 01:33 AM
A death row inmate scheduled for execution says he's too fat to be put to death, claiming executioners would have trouble finding his veins

B.S. I doubt they'll have much trouble. Worst case, they could just use your juggulars.

and that his weight could diminish the effectiveness of one of the lethal injection drugs.

Well, they've got charts for that, so no worries, scumbag. :up:

============

Isn't it just funny how some people do such things (like rape two girls before strangling and beating them to death) so ruthlessly, yet they beg and whine when it's their turn to die? :nope:

rifleman13
08-05-08, 03:23 AM
Anyone will say anything just to not get hanged, poked, or shot! :dead:

Platapus
08-05-08, 04:03 AM
So they have to double or triple the dosage. So what?

An interesting defense. Perhaps this prisoner needs to be put in protective custody and have his food restricted....in the interest of good health you understand. Let's say Bread and Water until he is at a proper and healthy weight.....so we an kill this monster?

Skybird
08-05-08, 04:22 AM
I consider "death-penalty" to be a logical contradiction in itself anyway, but beside that disucssion, I always wondered about the cult and the long ceremony being made out of it, years of waiting, and then machines and rituals and proceedings worth to entertain the audience in theatres all eveniung long.

A death squad, execution by shooting, would be enough, efficient, and simple. Everything else that goes beyond that, including desires to see them suffer, and inflict pain, and let them wait and boil in their own fear, has nothing to do with demands for justice (torture and inflicting mental or physical suffering is not covered by any American law), but simply is a yeaning for blood and gore, revenge and sensation, owing a lot to the concept of "bread and circus".

Not even animals take delight from seeing another one suffering - including their prey.

Platapus
08-05-08, 04:39 AM
Not even animals take delight from seeing another one suffering - including their prey.

I take it you have never seen a cat play with a mouse before.

But I agree with a lot of your post. I do not understand why a person would have to wait for over 20 years to be executed.

We should have a separate appeal court for death sentences so that the condemned can get a fair and complete appeal process, but in a timely manner.

An appeal is not a retrial, there is no need to take years finding new evidence. An appeal is a challenge to a judicial process.

I believe that the appeal process is very very important, especially when the death penalty is involved. But it should not take 20 years.

jumpy
08-05-08, 05:48 AM
I think that whether or not a cat takes delight when playing with a mouse is conjecture and (I forget the actual word) is placing human emotions onto an animal.

I'm not in favour of the death penalty, far too easy for some of the maniacs who have no real ability to feel towards others and their actions nor really care about such concepts a 'life' etc. Far better as a punishment (as opposed to revenge - eye for an eye etc) would be solitary confinement for the rest of their natural life span with minimal amenities and diet.

Failing that take the 2 nastyest crimms in the pen and put them in the thunder dome - two men enter, one man leaves (he gets to live but in solitary) would make interesting TV I recon ;)

JHuschke
08-05-08, 05:56 AM
Maybe there is a way of getting to skinny for an execution as well? :hmm:

Tchocky
08-05-08, 06:12 AM
This is cross-posted from The Onion, right?

It's pure Americana. Too evil to live, too fat to die.

I want the movie rights.

Jimbuna
08-05-08, 06:30 AM
The Death Penalt is a serious business.

Offer an alternative means of execution.

As quite correctly stated earlier, the victims weren't given the opportunity to appeal their deaths.

Tchocky
08-05-08, 06:40 AM
http://www.reuters.com/article/domesticNews/idUSN0148487820080803

Skybird
08-05-08, 07:17 AM

I take it you have never seen a cat play with a mouse before.
No argument. Cats TRAIN by that. It is even more obvious witch Orcas, who often let their prey escape if they have youngster with them. They demonstrate the proper hunting technique, then let the victim escape so that the youngster can have a try next.

what has that to do with defending and wishing for the suffering of delinquents with slobber dripping from the corner of your mouth and yelling for the show finally getting started - if you forgive my slight exaggeration to make the difference clear (although I remember TV pictures from demonstrations for death penalty where almost exactly this was to be seen - surprisingly often some self-declared followers of Jesus: so-called "Christians"...)?

UnderseaLcpl
08-05-08, 07:26 AM
I consider "death-penalty" to be a logical contradiction in itself anyway, but beside that disucssion, I always wondered about the cult and the long ceremony being made out of it, years of waiting, and then machines and rituals and proceedings worth to entertain the audience in theatres all eveniung long.
That's a side-effect of the pomp and ceremony of our justice system. Even things like parking ticket fines can take on an air of nobility and prestige when presented in U.S. Courts. It helps make it seem more valid.

A death squad, execution by shooting, would be enough, efficient, and simple.

Leave it to a German to devlop the most efficient way of doing anything:lol:

I wish they would abolish the death penalty. We could put all those guys to work doing a variety of unpleasant tasks or use them as free labor to build infrastructure or something. It has the added benefit of not having the possibility of killing a man later found to be innocent. As compensation for his wrongful imprisonment, we could backpay him for his work and add a nice bonus.
Our prisons are too kind:nope:

StdDev
08-05-08, 07:49 AM
I think that whether or not a cat takes delight when playing with a mouse is conjecture and (I forget the actual word) is placing human emotions onto an animal.

~ anthropomorohism ~
Anthropomorphism is the attribution of uniquely human characteristics to nonhuman beings, inanimate objects, or natural or supernatural phenomena. Animals, forces of nature, games, and unseen or unknown sources of chance are frequent subjects of anthropomorphism.

Back to the subject...
A simple recipe for humane execution

1.5 lbs of pure heroin disolved into 2 pints of water and an IV drip.

Dowly
08-05-08, 08:23 AM
Seeing I'm against the whole "put to sleep, kill then" type of executions, I say hang the bastard! (or shoot or give him the chair, I dont care as long as he's dead.)

orwell
08-05-08, 09:02 AM
I wish they would abolish the death penalty. We could put all those guys to work doing a variety of unpleasant tasks or use them as free labor to build infrastructure or something. It has the added benefit of not having the possibility of killing a man later found to be innocent. As compensation for his wrongful imprisonment, we could backpay him for his work and add a nice bonus.
Our prisons are too kind:nope:

X2

I should think putting those sentenced to death under the scapel of experimental medicine would also be quite fitting - for those with no chance of appeal, and would otherwise just be sitting in prisons waiting for execution. Human testing is always valuable, and I'm sure you could find any kind but the ones smart enough to stay out of prison, like in congress, in prisons across America for how race and genetics may play a factor in the result of a particular drug.

Task Force
08-05-08, 09:03 AM
They need to put his fat a** on a Crash diet with a experimental pill. (which could kill him anyway) then stick his fat but in the eletric chair. Buzz sizzle sizzle.

Dowly
08-05-08, 09:05 AM
They need to put his fat a** on a Crash diet with a experimental pill. (which could kill him anyway) then stick his fat but in the eletric chair. Buzz sizzle sizzle.

SHISH KEBAAAB!!! :rotfl:

DemonTraitor
08-05-08, 09:07 AM
Well, I say "so what if he suffers". I bet he did not give any thought about the suffering of his victims and their family.

Cap him!

Task Force
08-05-08, 09:14 AM
Thats what im thinking. He didnt care about his victims, a needle is not even what i consider pain or anything like that. And the stuff they give them just puts them tosleep like a dog being put to sleep. A eletric chair would send acouple of thousand volts chasing around his elephant sized body.

Tchocky
08-05-08, 09:36 AM
The empathy he had for his victims matters as much as the colour of his socks.

The penalty is death, not a painful death, and not pain. If this disturbs you, write your politicians for the implementation of a torture penalty.

nikimcbee
08-05-08, 10:17 AM
The Death Penalt is a serious business.

Offer an alternative means of execution.

As quite correctly stated earlier, the victims weren't given the opportunity to appeal their deaths.

Death by jelly donuts!

Task Force
08-05-08, 10:20 AM
I think thats the way he would want to go.

Frame57
08-05-08, 10:22 AM

~ anthropomorohism ~
Anthropomorphism is the attribution of uniquely human characteristics to nonhuman beings, inanimate objects, or natural or supernatural phenomena. Animals, forces of nature, games, and unseen or unknown sources of chance are frequent subjects of anthropomorphism.

Back to the subject...
A simple recipe for humane execution

1.5 lbs of pure heroin disolved into 2 pints of water and an IV drip.The greeks called this "Anthropopatheia". Most people call all figurative lingo an "allegory" or a "metaphor". Good eye, for language there! I would use clorox for the goons rather than sliding out on heroin.

Jimbuna
08-05-08, 10:29 AM

The penalty is death, not a painful death, and not pain. If this disturbs you, write your politicians for the implementation of a torture penalty.

Good valid point....hence the exploration of an alternative means whether it be hanging or lethal pill etc.

Tchocky
08-05-08, 03:04 PM

Good valid point....hence the exploration of an alternative means whether it be hanging or lethal pill etc.
Yup, there was a long thread about the lethal injection several months ago. My basic point is that if you have a deatth penalty, leave it as a death penalty, don't try to work revenge and torture into it under the name of justice.

Letum
08-05-08, 05:30 PM
Not the first time someone has tried this. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeffrey_Lundgren)

Jimbuna
08-06-08, 04:30 AM
I should imagine the eventual outcome will be the same.