PDA

View Full Version : Strange Water Glitch

Goatman455
08-01-08, 05:34 PM
I have a strange problem I was wondering if you guys could help me on. I just got a new rig with sli gtx 280s. I have the latest drivers and vista 64 bit and 32 bit in dual boot. In both versions and in all versions of the game when I am in free camera mode I get a strange effect.

When I am zoomed in fairly close to the water (as when watching dives and surfaces) and I slowly move the camera the water will jiggle around. It almost seems like the water physics speed up to 2x-4x. When the camera is still, everything is perfect. I did notice a bit of the effect in the periscope view as well, but it is most obvious in free camera mode.

I hope someone can help, I posted on the official forums and some guy with XP said he had the same problem.

kv29
08-01-08, 08:16 PM
Hi goatman!
Sadly, the "jelly" water is a well known camera bug. Some (picky) people notice it, some others dont, but is definitelly there.
Try setting the "maximum pre-rendering frames" to 2 (on the nvidia control panel) to see if it helps.

Goatman455
08-01-08, 08:21 PM
Hey, how did you know I was picky! (just kidding)

Thanks for the info, I fired up my old rig with all supported graphics and I realized it was there all along, the new high quality graphics just helped me notice it.