08-01-08, 02:47 PM
I always doubted the conviction.

Jimbuna
08-01-08, 02:55 PM
I wouldn't like to call it....either way :hmm:

http://uk.reuters.com/article/entertainmentNews/idUKL138607320080801

Platapus
08-01-08, 02:59 PM
Don't have access to the court files so I can't say whether this is good or bad.

If he was innocent, then I am glad the appeal process worked...

But if he was innocent, there is still Jill's killer out there. :yep:

SUBMAN1
08-01-08, 03:13 PM
Regardless, this guy sounds like a whacko whether he did it or not! Stalking women?

-S

Jimbuna
08-01-08, 03:28 PM
Big difference between stalking and murder though.

jumpy
08-01-08, 03:41 PM
He certainly seemed the 'plausible' type. But some of the police forensic conclusions were circumstantial at best.
I am drawn by the statements that the killing was planned to a degree and with so little evidence left at the scene, mr george may well not have had the smarts to accomplish such a thing without leaving more identifiable material linking him to the case than was actually found.

So public a case where if he truly is innocent, the police will have blundered and damaged their own reputation, I wonder if their further consideration will be linked to keeping a rather close eye on george just in case they can still pin it on him and thus save face.
It was never going to be an open and shut case with so many of the key points leading to a firm conviction being circumstantial.

FIREWALL
08-01-08, 03:53 PM
In the UK can he be tried again after being found not guilty ?

Jimbuna
08-01-08, 04:31 PM
Yes...if further/new evidence comes to light :yep:

XabbaRus
08-01-08, 04:36 PM
call it a hunch but I had a bad feeling about her finace..Something didn't ring true.

However considering the nature of teh hit, ie very clean, Barry having only a 75 IQ there are suspicions that it was either A) Some Serb people high up who she had exposed or B) Some criminals she had exposed on crimewatch.

From reading what is available I think the right decision was made today.

STEED
08-01-08, 04:42 PM
Another case with a cloud hanging over it. :nope:

I just hope that the correct decision was made but time will tell.

Konovalov
08-02-08, 06:14 AM
call it a hunch but I had a bad feeling about her finace..Something didn't ring true.

However considering the nature of teh hit, ie very clean, Barry having only a 75 IQ there are suspicions that it was either A) Some Serb people high up who she had exposed or B) Some criminals she had exposed on crimewatch.

From reading what is available I think the right decision was made today.

I share your views on this. :yep:

Jimbuna
08-02-08, 06:58 AM
It would appear the Police are now looking at the case again from a new/different angle :o

FFS!!! this guy is probably going to get millions in compensation :nope:

STEED
08-02-08, 07:45 AM
It would appear the Police are now looking at the case again from a new/different angle :o

Problem is jim even now with are science and mod coms mistakes still can be made and will continually be made. The world of detection is far from being perfect.

Platapus
08-02-08, 07:46 AM
FFS!!!

What does ffs mean? I have seen that many times but never understood what it meant :88)

Jimbuna
08-02-08, 08:19 AM
FFS!!!

What does ffs mean? I have seen that many times but never understood what it meant :88)

For F*ck Sake :oops:

At least that's what STEED told me. :lol:

Jimbuna
08-02-08, 08:22 AM

Problem is jim even now with are science and mod coms mistakes still can be made and will continually be made. The world of detection is far from being perfect.

Very true mate, but IIRC the investigating officers were short on hard and fast evidence at the time and were quite happy to pin the blame on somebody/anybody.

It's actually the courts I blame.

At the end of the day it is a jury that decides if the burdon of evidence/proof is sufficient to warrant a safe conviction.

Platapus
08-02-08, 08:23 AM

Ah much thanks. I guess I aint hip enough for the slang. :)

Tchocky
08-02-08, 08:23 AM
He may end up getting 250k in compensation for this.

joegrundman
08-02-08, 08:27 AM

well he was imprisoned for 8 years! I think i'd expect some compensation too!

STEED
08-02-08, 08:30 AM

FECK OFF..........

Not my fault I went to the Farther Jack School. :88)

Jimbuna
08-02-08, 08:56 AM

FECK OFF..........

Not my fault I went to the Farther Jack School. :88)

Hey, STEED!!

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/8206/steedhb0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

STEED
08-02-08, 08:57 AM
The great man himself. :D