View Full Version : Scary

SUBMAN1
08-01-08, 01:22 PM
http://www.breitbart.tv/html/143513.html

Obama thinks he's god? :o:o:o

-S

Platapus
08-01-08, 01:30 PM
I keep losing more and more respect for McCain.

Don't tell me why I should not vote for your opponent.

Tell me why I should vote for YOU. :yep:

Don't tell me how bad your opponent will be on the issues

Tell me what YOU will be doing on the issues

It is like the Republican Party is doing everything possible to drive me away :nope:

FIREWALL
08-01-08, 01:33 PM
While I'm no Obama fan I'm sceptical how that was put together. :hmm:

SUBMAN1
08-01-08, 01:33 PM

It is like the Republican Party is doing everything possible to drive me away :nope:Both sides are equal when it comes to this stuff. I do believe that talking about yourself however outweighs bashing your opponent, unless that is, you have nothing to offer! :D

-S

FIREWALL
08-01-08, 01:35 PM
IMO their both piles of $hit.

It's just a matter of who stinks less. :yep:

SUBMAN1
08-01-08, 01:42 PM
IMO their both piles of $hit.

It's just a matter of who stinks less. :yep: Thats about it!

Platapus
08-01-08, 01:49 PM
Like that episode of South Park

It is a choice between a turd and a douche :nope:

Stealth Hunter
08-01-08, 01:52 PM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-108737202346998972&q=vote+or+die&ei=d12TSJO2MoWSiwKdqICcBQ

Sailor Steve
08-01-08, 02:05 PM
Obama thinks he's god? :o:o:o
Probably not, but it's obvious McCain wants us to think so, and you seem to be willing to help spread the mud around.

In the last election when the Left accused Bush's camp of sleazy campaign ads, I always pointed out that Moveon.org's 'Bush as Hitler' ad came first.

This time around there's no argument: it's started even before the conventions, and McCain is the only one doing it. I don't like Obama either, but McCain is doing his best to lose my vote.

SUBMAN1
08-01-08, 02:06 PM
Obama thinks he's god? :o:o:o Probably not, but it's obvious McCain wants us to think so, and you seem to be willing to help spread the mud around.Hey - don't shoot the messenger!

In the last election when the Left accused Bush's camp of sleazy campaign ads, I always pointed out that Moveon.org's 'Bush as Hitler' ad came first.

This time around there's no argument: it's started even before the conventions, and McCain is the only one doing it. I don't like Obama either, but McCain is doing his best to lose my vote.I want party #3, but they don't exist yet. Need to get back to our roots and what made us strong.

-S

Sailor Steve
08-01-08, 02:12 PM
Hey - don't shoot the messenger!
But your message is always against the same side. I haven't seen you start any posts about McCain.

I want party #3, but they don't exist yet. Need to get back to our roots and what made us strong.
I don't. I want to see parties outlawed. Give everybody equal time, and let us choose between whom we think is best, not whom we're offered by some political organization.

UnderseaLcpl
08-01-08, 02:16 PM
At the risk of sounding repetitive, both candidates are worthless. Simply choose if you want the U.S. to decline more quickly or more slowly.

SUBMAN1
08-01-08, 02:16 PM
But your message is always against the same side. I haven't seen you start any posts about McCain.Don't even go there! I've bitched about McCain enough! Even read this thread! I just dislike Obama worse so he catches my eye more often.

I don't. I want to see parties outlawed. Give everybody equal time, and let us choose between whom we think is best, not whom we're offered by some political organization.I agree! :up:

-S

Platapus
08-01-08, 02:20 PM
I have not heard Obama refer to himself as a god, but I did hear that not only does Bush not make mistakes but that he talks with god.

Sailor Steve
08-01-08, 02:20 PM
Don't even go there! I've bitched about McCain enough! Even read this thread! I just dislike Obama worse so he catches my eye more often.
I should say I haven't seen you start any new blah blah blah...

But I'm certainly no mind reader, so I'll take your word on that and start over.:sunny:

SUBMAN1
08-01-08, 02:32 PM

It is like the Republican Party is doing everything possible to drive me away :nope:Just for the fun of it, it is easy to find mud slinging on both sides. Check this article for example - http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=080801151102.y2q6k892&show_article=1

This quote specifically:

On Thursday, the McCain campaign accused Obama of playing the "race card (http://search.breitbart.com/q?s=race%20card&sid=breitbart.com)" himself after the Illinois senator said Republicans would try to highlight the fact that he did not look like other presidents featured on US dollar bills.
And you wonder why the mud slinging happens? I never heard McCain highlight that he doesn't look like other presidents??? Its a vicious circle that is here to stay I think.

Presidential elections now are based on who slings the most mud. What happened to respect and honor? This is why i so wanted Thompson. How much mud slinging do you think he would have done?

-S

Jimbuna
08-01-08, 02:32 PM
I have not heard Obama refer to himself as a god, but I did hear that not only does Bush not make mistakes but that he talks with god.

Does that mean he's the burning bush that God used to talk to Moses :p

http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/7373/burningbushco8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Platapus
08-01-08, 03:18 PM
I never heard McCain highlight that he doesn't look like other presidents???

That would be silly if he did wouldn't it? McCain is an old white guy. All of our presidents have been white guys and many of them old white guys (albeit not as old as McCain).

I think age is a factor in selecting a President. Look at what happens to people who become president. Look at their inauguration pictures and a picture of when they left office. See the difference even one term makes.

The office of President ages a man greatly. It is a stressful job all the time (including weekends). The President never is able to to take a holiday like we can. Hell the President probably needs to schedule taking a leak during the day.

McCain is older than Reagan was when Reagan became President. Reagan was just shy of 70 when he was inaugurated. But he was in better health than McCain. McCain will be 72 on 20 Jan 08. This will make him the oldest first term President ever in our history.

The question is: Physically will McCain be able to survive even one term in what is probably the most stressful job in the country?

Not only does a President need to have the experience and judgement for the position, they need to be able to withstand the constant pressure of the job.

Can someone be simply too old for the stress of the position?

Frame57
08-01-08, 06:51 PM
True on the aging part! But look how long George Washington lived in that Bush #1 married him!:yep:

FIREWALL
08-01-08, 07:07 PM
OH BOY !!!! Mud slinging. I used to have alot of fun do'ing that when I was a little kid.

With those two it just goes to show... You Can't Take The KID Out of the MAN. :p :rotfl:

SUBMAN1
08-01-08, 07:09 PM
OH BOY !!!! Mud slinging. I used to have alot of fun do'ing that when I was a little kid.

With those two it just goes to show... You Can't Take The KID Out of the MAN. :p :rotfl: You are the same person as when you were born, just that some of us got it when they taught us about honor, respect, and kindness for your fellow man, and some didn't.

-S